• 17(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
Not yet. Mustering the resolve.
I am using Android based devices and have had a hard time finding certain files on the device. Where on the Android device should I be able to find the XBMC.LOG file?
(2014-06-13, 16:33)nstocke Wrote: I am using Android based devices and have had a hard time finding certain files on the device. Where on the Android device should I be able to find the XBMC.LOG file?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log...d#Location
Thank you for the quick response. I went to the location outlined in the link however there weren't any files there. Is there anything I need to set in order to get the logging function going or should it be running all the time?

I just remembered that .folders are hidden. I changed the display option in ES File Manager to show hidden files. Sorry for the fire drill.
(2014-06-13, 17:41)nstocke Wrote: Thank you for the quick response. I went to the location outlined in the link however there weren't any files there. Is there anything I need to set in order to get the logging function going or should it be running all the time?

I just remembered that .folders are hidden. I changed the display option in ES File Manager to show hidden files. Sorry for the fire drill.

On the same page. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log..._debugging
I need help with the SageTV Plugin. I corresponded back in 2/13 (page 14) when my HD200's appeared to be dying. They have survived since then but one is now definitely gone. I've updated all of the files, etc., and I'm using the 6/14 version of the plugin. I can see all of my recordings but I cannot play them back. Also when I select 'upcoming recordings' I get the script error message. My OpenELEC system is also connected to MythTV backend on a Mythbuntu box, which works fine with XBMC, but I'd prefer to use SageTV as my backend. I can see all of my recordings and can play them successfully on XBMC with Video>Files. Reading through the thread I learned of the case dependency issue. My SageTV plugin configuration for recording directories displays them in the network smb format obtained through the browse option, while on my PC running SageTV, they're listed as F: and G: lettered drive directories connected to the pc and not as network shares. Here's the logfile:

http://pastebin.com/kGsDEthM

Thanks for your assistance!
(2014-07-23, 16:47)crw190 Wrote: I need help with the SageTV Plugin. I corresponded back in 2/13 (page 14) when my HD200's appeared to be dying. They have survived since then but one is now definitely gone. I've updated all of the files, etc., and I'm using the 6/14 version of the plugin. I can see all of my recordings but I cannot play them back. Also when I select 'upcoming recordings' I get the script error message. My OpenELEC system is also connected to MythTV backend on a Mythbuntu box, which works fine with XBMC, but I'd prefer to use SageTV as my backend. I can see all of my recordings and can play them successfully on XBMC with Video>Files. Reading through the thread I learned of the case dependency issue. My SageTV plugin configuration for recording directories displays them in the network smb format obtained through the browse option, while on my PC running SageTV, they're listed as F: and G: lettered drive directories connected to the pc and not as network shares. Here's the logfile:

Looks like the issue is you didn't specify a recording path in the settings. Can you confirm what your addon settings are? For each sagetv recording path you have, you need to specify that, plus the corresponding playback path. It looks like your recording path is blank for some reason. So if F: and G: are your recording paths from SageTV, then they need to be set in the addon's settings. I should probably add some checking in the future to not allow the path to be blank.

As far as the issue with upcoming recordings, there's a known bug related to that not working in cases where there's a special character in a show's name or description. It normally is handled but in some cases it breaks unfortunately.
Hello, does the new version of XBMC work well with this plugin? I hesitate to upgrade as I use this plugin frequently. My current version of XBMC is 12.2.

Thank you!.
(2014-07-23, 17:02)computer33 Wrote: Hello, does the new version of XBMC work well with this plugin? I hesitate to upgrade as I use this plugin frequently. My current version of XBMC is 12.2.

Thank you!.

This addon works on both Frodo (12.x) and Gotham (13.x). I haven't tried it on the upcoming Helix (14.x) builds, but I'm assuming it will work just fine.
(2014-07-23, 16:58)LehighBri Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 16:47)crw190 Wrote: I need help with the SageTV Plugin. I corresponded back in 2/13 (page 14) when my HD200's appeared to be dying. They have survived since then but one is now definitely gone. I've updated all of the files, etc., and I'm using the 6/14 version of the plugin. I can see all of my recordings but I cannot play them back. Also when I select 'upcoming recordings' I get the script error message. My OpenELEC system is also connected to MythTV backend on a Mythbuntu box, which works fine with XBMC, but I'd prefer to use SageTV as my backend. I can see all of my recordings and can play them successfully on XBMC with Video>Files. Reading through the thread I learned of the case dependency issue. My SageTV plugin configuration for recording directories displays them in the network smb format obtained through the browse option, while on my PC running SageTV, they're listed as F: and G: lettered drive directories connected to the pc and not as network shares. Here's the logfile:

Looks like the issue is you didn't specify a recording path in the settings. Can you confirm what your addon settings are? For each sagetv recording path you have, you need to specify that, plus the corresponding playback path. It looks like your recording path is blank for some reason. So if F: and G: are your recording paths from SageTV, then they need to be set in the addon's settings. I should probably add some checking in the future to not allow the path to be blank.

As far as the issue with upcoming recordings, there's a known bug related to that not working in cases where there's a special character in a show's name or description. It normally is handled but in some cases it breaks unfortunately.

Thanks. That was the problem. I had the network path entered, which I assumed would suffice. The recording paths were added. I missed a capital letter in one path and those recordings didn't register. Now that it's corrected, everything shows up and plays. Great job. I'll now have a ceremonial burial for one of my two HD200's.
Great to hear.
Thank you to the developers of this add on.

Just recently setup XBMC to play ISO movies and be a front-end for SageTV.

A short time afterward I actually have it all (sort of) working.

Should the context menu of a recording have a "Play Using ..." option? I don't get a "Play Using ..." option when I bring up the context menu trying to play a file. I would request "Play Using ..." be an option on the context menu for playing a recording, if it is not.

The only option to play a file from the context menu was "Watch (streaming)" which is not what I wanted to do (I know this now because I did.Rolleyes ). This lead me to load the Media Streaming Services (A SageTV plugin). I don't think this plugin is needed unless you want to stream (From SageTV) to an IOS, Android, etc type of device that needs the show in a different format then what it was recorded in. For me when I used the "Watch (Streaming)" option it played back an HD recording in SD and made my LCD flat panel look like a CGA monitor. Sad

Granted the above is all my own fault .....

The first thing after installing XBMC I did was to configure play back of ISO files. XBMC did play back the ISO files but not all ISO files played back well (pixellesation, lost track of timeline, etc). So I configured an external player (TMT 6). I ended up copying an example playercorefactory file that had an external player for ISO files in it however, it also had an additional external player for playing some other files (specifically the .TS files). I left this in the file at the time thinking I would come back and remove or change it later. The testing to play ISO files went well so on to installing the SageTV add-on. The problem with the additional external player is I don't currently use or have this player.
I expected the XBMC built-in default player to play the SageTV recordings, it did not. Took me a bit to realize that it was due to the additional external player that was setup in the playercorefactory file that was causing the issue. I don't know how to comment out/remark out lines in an xml file so once I removed the currently unwanted lines, play back worked as expected.

Anyway, it's now on to learning more about configuring XBMC itself.

Again many thanks to the developers of this add-on.
Oh, and another request.

Could the option to to Hide Archived be added (similar to the Hide Watched option) to the list of recordings?

Thanks.
Note that I have stopped all development on this addon as I have completely abandoned SageTV in favor of the new ServerWMC PVR addon that integrates with WMC (and has really nice integration with Mediabrowser as well). I enjoyed developing this addon up til this point and certainly was hoping I could stay on SageTV longer, but reality is ServerWMC meets my needs plus more, and has lots of active development, so that's my new setup going forward.

With that said, others can certainly pickup development from here. And note that the "Hide Archived" option is not specific to this addon... "Hide Watched" is core XBMC functionality. So I would suggest you post that as a feature request in a separate thread, although don't hold your breath as that seems something specific to this addon.
I see this forum has been quiet for a while but I'm hoping to get some help. I installed this add-on and I believe my paths are all configured properly. All of my SageTV recordings are listed in XBMC and I can play them. The problem I'm having it that when I select "Watch Recordings" from the top level menu, it takes more than a minute to process. When I try out some of the sagex commands in a web browser (e.g. http://sage:frey@Kauai:8080/sagex/api?c=xbmc:GetTVMediaFilesGroupedByTitle&size=500&encoder=json), the server responds very quickly.

Any ideas why it's taking so long to get to the "Watch Recordings" screen?

Here's my log file:
http://pastebin.com/djgQXaE9

I started SageTV at 21:20:56, and then selected the "Watch Recordings" menu option a few seconds later.

Thank you.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2