Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 vs ASRock A75M-ITX
I know that the Gigabyte is a little bit more expensive, but which one do you think in superior and why?
If you want CIR option, AsRock is your best choice.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
But isnt that CIR Remote from ASRock a pain in the ass as i have read ?? Or is it possible to let other remotes also work on that same thing ?
(2012-08-23, 00:15)witalik Wrote: But isnt that CIR Remote from ASRock a pain in the ass as i have read ?? Or is it possible to let other remotes also work on that same thing ?
You don't have to use AsRock remote option. You can opt for "4 in 1 Backlit Remote with IR Receiver and Bracket for ASRock CIR Motherboards"......

With proper bios update, AsRock mobo allow you to turn on PC from cold start with certain keyboard "Unisen iPazzPort".....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hmm ok, nice to know. So could be a load more remotes that can be used for that. Only thing is you will have to place that CIR reciever somewhere in front of the Case.

Thanks though !

And for not cluttering this thread, ive checked out both motherboards and some things are different,

ASRock has Realtek ALC892 , High Definition Audio, THX TruStudio Pro , 4 x SuperSpeed USB + 2 x Hi-Speed USB + (4 x Hi-Speed USB via headers)

Gigabyte has Realtek ALC889, Dolby Home Theater, 2 x SuperSpeed USB + 2 x Hi-Speed USB + (4 x Hi-Speed USB via headers)

The rest seems pretty much the same, ASRock has new Realtek and THX instead of Dolby Thing, dont know if you would notice that,
And it has 4 super speed USB Poorts instead of gigabytes 2 poorts but if you ever use that much i wouldnt know Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 vs ASRock A75M-ITX0