Win Movie Sets not wanted !
Hi guys,
I have a question to ask you,
I have some movies in the database that belong to a "Movie Set" I have not wanted to, this information is drawn from the scraper. I set up a file nfo with <set></ set>, but the "Movie Set" does not change.
What can you do to change a "Movie Set" taken from the scraper and myself forced to zero by nfo file?
Thanks in advance
Bye
Install Universal scraper and disable scraping them in the scraper settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Look into your settings.. There you have an option to enable/disable using sets
Sorry to hijack an old thread but this has half answered my own question. Do the movies need to be rescraped in order to remove them from sets/collections?
(2013-02-02, 23:12)philzy Wrote: Sorry to hijack an old thread but this has half answered my own question. Do the movies need to be rescraped in order to remove them from sets/collections?

If you use the setting in the system --> videos menu, then all the movies that were collected into sets will be displayed individually.

If you are making a change to the metadata, then yes, you'll have to refresh/rescrape.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
My problem isnt actually with the display on the TV, its with my iPad app Constellation. I've already mentioned it in the right sub forum but I went on the hunt for more answers.

System > Video > Library > Group movies into sets is set to off, as is the option in the universal scraper. I'm guessing for my iPad app to work how I want it too I will have to rescrape the metadata so that it doesnt include sets...... bummer!
Not sure what you mean. With that setting off each movie is listed individually. So movies -> Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, ......

If you enable the setting it would only be: movies -> Harry Potter
Within that Harry Potter item would be all 8 movies.
I have never seen 'collections' or 'sets' within XBMC on my TV, this business of sets/collections is only a problem now that I've downloaded this iPad app and its only visible on my iPad. Ill try to explain with screenshots.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1321608

Well, I have no inkling of how the Constellation app works...

But, for movies to display within collections is by design. There will not likely be an update for this to change. Again, no idea about Constellation...

If you are able to navigate to the "sets" or "collections" node in that app (or on the host machine), then you can use the context menu to remove the collection, but not the movies within the collection. Remove from library --> Yes --- Remove movies --> No. This will get rid of unwanted sets.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Is the context menu what comes up when you press 'c'?

Is there a way I can edit the database and blank all <sets> tags?
Yep, that's the context menu.

Manual database editing is beyond me. Smile I do know there are SQL editing programs out there though.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...base-files
Where do I look in the context menu? Confused
Here:

Sets Node. It's a submenu of the Movies main menu item. Or Videos --> Movies --> Sets

That works perfect, the iPad app no longer shows 'collection"

Your a legend Smile

Just manually deleted 243 entries, hopefully it won't scrape collection info for new movies!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets not wanted !0