[ipad] Sources question
Old skool xbmc user, but new to iOS.... so my apologies for the noobness....

I jailbroke a 1st gen iPad I had kicking about as my XBMC curiosity got the better off me...

Not sure if I'm being completely blind here... I've tried everything... and searched the wiki... but how do you add the local memory as a source? I've added movies prior to the jailbreak to iTunes and copied them over they play fine on the iPad..... on a Droid device you would simple browse to and add \sdcard1\movies\ for example... but I cant find the local flash anywhere??

I also added a source by mistake and now cant remove it? I tried highlighting it and pressing settings, long press, double tapping...

Getting close to iPad Frisbee! Undecided so pointers greatly appreciated...
Add videos -> Browse -> Home folder

will take you to

/private/var/mobile/

on the device

You can use AppLinks from Cydia to make easy symbolic links to access anything you've loaded into a specific App Store app, which normally show up as

Home folder -> AppLinks/AppName.app/documents/

when you browse it in XBMC

For iTunes loaded music

Home folder -> Media/iTunes_Control/Music/

For iTunes loaded movies (only works with ones you've added that don't have DRM. In other words, anything bought from the iTunes Store will likely not work.)

Supposedly it's also in Media/iTunes_Control/, but I can't find my test video in any of those folders. I'll post again if I can find it later on.

In addition to loading things via iTunes, you can also load stuff using iFile from Cydia or by using this USB trick: iOS_FAQ#USB_access (wiki)
Oh, and to remove a source you need to use a two-finger tap to bring up the contextual menu. Future versions of XBMC will allow long-press to also work.
Many thanks Ned, I'll try as soon as I get home from work Wink
Had another look still can't find any of the movies loaded on the iPad :-(

Music is there... but no movies....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ipad] Sources question0