Win mp4 video has sound but black screen , avi video can see video and hear audio
Hello,

As in log title, I have problems playing mp4 files in XBMC. The mp4s play perfectly using VLC. XBMC and VLC play avi, wmv videos etc. perfectly i.e. video and audio ok and in sync

1. "Latest" is NOT a revision, of ANYTHING! (See below)
2. Windows Version + patch level (eg. WinXP SP3 RealTek High Definit/ Vista SP1 / Windows ME (are you mental ?! etc.)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

3. CPU/Architecture (make/model and eg. 32 or 64 bit.)
Athlon 64 bit X2 L310

4. RAM amount (1 GB, 512MB etc.)
4 GB

5. Video Card and Driver version (Intel/Nvidia/etc. version 15.7.8)
Onboard ATI Radeon HD 3200

6. Sound Card and Driver version (Sound Blaster/Intel/etc. version 7.8)
Realtek High Definition Driver: 6.0.1.5904
7. Other devices related to issue (tv, receiver, remote, etc - make/model)

8. XBMC Revision (eg. 8.10 Atlantis or SVN 16733)
11.0 Eden

9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
Just attempt to play any mp4 video file

10. FULL Debug Log (Please use your favorite paste site! See below.) << NOT OPTIONAL !

http://pastebin.com/HRcv6C8E

I think opening of mp4 file starts here: 21:04:31 T:2376 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: C:\Users\clive\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\A_Century_of_Fatherhood_-_2._Fathers_at_War_b00sxgsl_default.mp4

11. MediaInfo output ( goggle mediainfo for where to obtain it for your platform)
Crashes when attempt to install (3 times) on my machine

Thanks,

Clive long
same here! havwe watces same visbefore eden
The debug log seems to indicate a normal SD h.264 video, but there could be something about it that is confusing the hardware decoding.

See if turning off hardware decoding allows you to play the file: Settings/Videos/Playback (wiki)
(2012-08-24, 05:05)Ned Scott Wrote: The debug log seems to indicate a normal SD h.264 video, but there could be something about it that is confusing the hardware decoding.

See if turning off hardware decoding allows you to play the file: Settings/Videos/Playback (wiki)

That solved the problem !

Thanks !

Clive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mp4 video has sound but black screen , avi video can see video and hear audio0