metroTV BETA is here!
After multiple requests to post more information regarding this skin I decided it was time to make a post about it. This skin began as a simple mod of tree_jammer's wonderful Lightbox skin (hence the little nods to Lightbox in the logo) and quickly blossomed into something much bigger. Although I have kept the home screen largely the same as Tree_jammer's skin, I have since decided to take this mod and incorporate what I consider some of the best views and mods from some of my favorite skins, integrating it in with the well defined Windows 8 "Metro" style. I am actually using the Microsoft's own Metro App styleguide in designing the views and screen arrangements for this skin.
metroTV 0.5b Changelog:
- XBMC 13 GOTHAM is now the minimum required for using metroTV
- The entire skin has been optimized for better performance
- Trakt.TV support is now official
- Skin is now completely LOCALIZED- Let the translations commence!
- Skin now uses icons for most buttons
- Skin will be added to the Development Repository
- "Themes" have been totally recoded as "Colors"
- The skin is now "Feature Locked" until after the 1.0 release
- Skin has moved to GitHub!
- Added two new colors- Green and Indigo
- All windows are now skinned
- The font has been changed (for the last time!) to Roboto to prep for official repository
- Gradient tiles and keybacks have been removed
- Redesigned the login screen
- All codec images have been replaced
- The Album, Add-on, Song, Video and Trakt.TV Info dialogs have been totally redesigned
- The Personalize settings menu has been restructured
- Intelligence has been built into the Personalize setting menu so options disable if the necessary script isn't present
Home Screen Changes
- Added a scrollbar for the category list (and can be disabled in Personalize)
- Custom tiles can now be created for Video Add-ons, Music Add-ons, Program Add-ons, Picture Add-ons, Video Playlists, Music Playlists and Favorites
- Trending Movies and In Cinemas panels are now available for movies
- Trending Shows panel is now avavilable for TV shows
- Hub screens can now be accessed by clicking on the category titles (Movies, TV Shows, Music and Music Videos)
- The "More Views" tile has been deprecated now that Hub screens exist.
- The List view has been redesigned (again!)
- A new Thumbnails view is available for Movies, TV Shows, and Seasons
- A new Thumbnails view is available for Artists, Albums, Files, and Add-ons
- Trakt.TV is now fully skinned
- Next Aired episode notification has been unified across all views
- Scrolling sort screen has been implemented (and can be disabled in Personalize)
- Added a First Launch window
- Added a Startup screen
- Added a Tile creator window
- Trakt.TV script is now integrated and skinned (and can be disabled in Personalize)
- Extended Info script has been fully integrated
- Random and Last Items script has been fully integrated
To Do List:
- Beta Testing!
- Further code optimization
- A few more surprises!
- Hitcher for Foundation which was used as a base
- 'Black for all his help with my coding woes
- Tree_jammer for Lightbox and the inspiration
- Ronie for the Fanart view and inspiration
- Sranshaft for his help with the new TV Guide and Hub windows
- Icons8.com and MetroStudio for much of the iconography
- The Community- Without you this skin wouldn't exist!
- Global Search
- Skin Widgets
- Rom Collection Browser
- Next Aired
- Extended Info
- Random and Last Items
- Advanced Launcher
metroTV Alpha version 0.5b
Please report all bugs to the project site so that they can be addressed properly!
metroTV Project Site