• 35(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
Is there a link to the 0.6beta for Helix? I have tried downloading the master but installation fails due to incorrect file structure. I am running 14.2 on OS X
Hello

This is my favourite skin, any news on further development. When I am using it in the top left corner it lists the xml files etc is in current use. I guess this is because its in beta. Is it possible to turn this off in the skin somewhere?

Thanks
(2015-03-29, 13:11)spud36 Wrote: When I am using it in the top left corner it lists the xml files etc is in current use. I guess this is because its in beta. Is it possible to turn this off in the skin somewhere?

you can through: settings-personalize-debug-disable debug info
Perfect. Thanks for that.
So I know all has been quiet on the skin development front, but fear not I have been working on things. One of the big things that I realized the skin needed was a total overhaul. This skin has become much more than I could have ever hoped (and it is still in Beta) but as a result of that growth and the fact that this is the first skin I ever created, much of it is just coded badly. As a result I have decided to suspend active development on the current branch of metroTV. I will do a final official release of the current version of metroTV which will basically include what has already been developed and is in the repository. Going forward I will be basically rebuilding the skin from the ground up. I doing so I am going to take the opportunity to move the skin from 720p to 1080p, recreate some of the lower rez graphics to support the higher resolution, and I am going to take some cues from more modern looking skins (Fuse, Unity, Tube, KOver, etc) and integrate them into the overall look of the skin (This skin is 3 years old and is looking rather dated, imho). Just to give you guys an idea of what I am working on, here is a taste of the new look (this is only a mockup)-

Please, let me know what you think of the new look! I welcome all comments and will definitely keep you guys up to date on the redesign/rebuild.

While I work on this a quick question for you guys-

Would you like the ability to make the tiles white instead of gray (basically inverting the colors)?
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Really liked your transitions as they were smooth and forward thinking . Plus the little touches. More options are always nice as people have different tastes. Looking forward to your work!!
Hi ZexisStryfe,

Since you are re working on the entire project, maybe you wanna work on the new Windows 10 Guidelines; especially since Metro TV was based on Metro UI.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/design
I do like the mock up, especially the ability to add a new tile from the home screen and how you have a tile that is an individual add-on. The same for Advanced Launcher items would be awesome too. Although, I would also be interested in seeing something using the Windows 10 design guidelines. One of the initial reasons I really liked metroTV was for a look and feel that was the same as my operating system (Windows 8.1). Of course when I got into it, there was a lot I really liked, like the hubs for Movies, TV, and Music.

(2015-05-14, 13:11)mukati Wrote: Hi ZexisStryfe,

Since you are re working on the entire project, maybe you wanna work on the new Windows 10 Guidelines; especially since Metro TV was based on Metro UI.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/design
Thanks Otis,

Yeah, I am hoping not to remove any functionality as part of this re-write, but to instead add some more modern style elements. I am actually using the Windows 10 style guide (I wish they would just release the entire guide already, they are doing it very piecemeal) so hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome. I will say that the Windows 10 style is in direct contrast to several of my view types, so I expect those to change the most. Some of those may also end up disappearing into the aether... I'm looking at you, showcase view. Wink

Something a little less theoretical for you guys... Wink

Any updates on your skin?
Yes... yes I do. Wink

Stick around, a lot of information will be coming soon!

Looking very nice
The answers to all your questions...

Thanks will check it [/align] out..
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23