• 2(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
Well, it won't be in the alpha (definitely will be in beta) but I am integrating the ROM Collection Browser directly into the skin, hence the "games" heading on the Home menu. Advanced Launcher will work however, you will just have to run it from the "add-ons" heading (program add-ons tile) at the moment.

Advanced Launcher Support

Ultimately, I will be making the home screen customizable though, so you could even add it there if you like. That won't be until after the main release though. I want to get the skin out and then will work on allowing all those crazy customizations.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Looks good, Lightbox is one of my fav skins Smile

I just have one suggestion : i think fanart is way too transparent, i think it would be cool to have an option to dim it ...just my 0,002 cts Wink

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
I actually have a diffuse overlay on the home screen already. Is there any particular view you think the fanart is too bright? the only one I really don't want to dim is the fanart list view, since that is kind of the point of that view.

(2012-08-27, 14:58)ZexisStryfe Wrote: I actually have a diffuse overlay on the home screen already. Is there any particular view you think the fanart is too bright? the only one I really don't want to dim is the fanart list view, since that is kind of the point of that view.

Pretty much every views (except fanart list of course) would look better imo, if fanart had a much darker overlay diffuse... kinda like the original Lightbox skin, but with blackish (instead of blue) overlay. I think that kind of skin (metro style) should have a very light fanart but again, it's just my humble opinion Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
I think I am going to make an option for this setting, allowing the diffuse layer to be turned on an off in the settings.

wow, excellent job. will be getting this when it's released
I just wanted to thank you for developing such a beautiful skin! I am currently building a brand new XBMC HTPC and I want your skin to be the first to run on it. Just out of curiosity, do you have a rough T- for the release of your Alpha build? I know you said a week but I am just too excited to try it out. Tongue
Even though I don't use xbmc anymore I sometimes pop in to see how skinning is going and I just had to log in to commend you on a really great looking skin. I'll give it a whirl probably when a main release is available. Who knows, I may return from the dark side for this.
How about on hardware resources? Is it light? I'm asking this because I use an ATV2, and with its limited hardware resources, some skins on ATV are way too slow
Try the Lightbox skin (has a thread in this subforum) which this skin is based on for some clues as to how it might perform when released
Hey Guys,

Just to answer some of your questions-

(2012-09-02, 10:46)TzirSora Wrote: Just out of curiosity, do you have a rough T- for the release of your Alpha build?

I am expecting to have the Alpha build out in the next 7 days. Unfortunately my desktop died last weekend so I lost a week of work on the skin. I am also shooting for the Alpha to be more feature complete than originally planned. The alpha build was originally only going to cover Videos, with Music and Pictures being included in the Beta, but I would like to at least get Music included in Alpha as well, along with some script integration like Next Aired.

(2012-09-02, 21:45)TheStretchedElf Wrote: I just had to log in to commend you on a really great looking skin. I'll give it a whirl probably when a main release is available.

Thanks Stretched Elf! I aim to please!

(2012-09-03, 01:34)baruchin Wrote: How about on hardware resources? Is it light? I'm asking this because I use an ATV2, and with its limited hardware resources, some skins on ATV are way too slow

This skin is extremely lightweight (on purpose, as my HTPC is an Atom/Ion2 box), and you should have no problems running it on an ATV. As username145 mentioned, please try Tree_Jammer's lightbox skin if you want to gauge performance. Just a note though, I actually didn't use Lightbox as a base, I built this up from Foundation, so it actually performs better than Lightbox currently. The total skin size is currently hovering around 20MB, compared to 50MB for Lightbox.

(2012-09-03, 17:56)ZexisStryfe Wrote: This skin is extremely lightweight (on purpose, as my HTPC is an Atom/Ion2 box), and you should have no problems running it on an ATV. As username145 mentioned, please try Tree_Jammer's lightbox skin if you want to gauge performance. Just a note though, I actually didn't use Lightbox as a base, I built this up from Foundation, so it actually performs better than Lightbox currently. The total skin size is currently hovering around 20MB, compared to 50MB for Lightbox.

Thank you so much for your answer. That was precisely what I needed to know. Hoping to install your skin when it becomes available.

Cheers!

(2012-08-27, 16:57)Sabish Wrote:
(2012-08-27, 14:58)ZexisStryfe Wrote: I actually have a diffuse overlay on the home screen already. Is there any particular view you think the fanart is too bright? the only one I really don't want to dim is the fanart list view, since that is kind of the point of that view.

Pretty much every views (except fanart list of course) would look better imo, if fanart had a much darker overlay diffuse... kinda like the original Lightbox skin, but with blackish (instead of blue) overlay. I think that kind of skin (metro style) should have a very light fanart but again, it's just my humble opinion Wink
+1 - it's also my impression that the fanart has to be dimmed quite a lot in order to make the skin work nicely with the dimmed content blocks
So, just a question to those of you who want the fanart dimmed- Just how dim would you want it?

And I am listening to your suggestions (and please keep them coming!)- the Alpha will include a toggle to dim the artwork in the skin settings.

UPDATE- A toggle for the fanart overlay has been added for the media views and a second has been added for the home screen overlay. these toggles can be turned on in the Skin settings menu.

well, IMO you should dim it thus far that even the unfocused/dimmed UI elements stand out/are clearly visible and don't somewhat blend seemlessly in the fanart like f.e. recently added thumbs on this screen

or just have a look at this screen - where it's way to hard to tell what actually is a UI element and not a poster from the background image

a background image should be just that - a image that stays in the background
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23