• 34(current)
Release [BETA] metroTV
(2015-01-20, 23:04)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 22:31)Damac10 Wrote: Thats alot of work...Simple question. did you remove XBMC logo altogether or replace with Kodi name...Cheers

Yes... Yes I did... Big Grin
Wow your skin has really improved by leaps and bounds. Shaping up to be a contender. Love hthe transition animations. Only some minor polish need. Also like the view types etc. On one animation theres still xbmc. Would flow more with KODI as the Home page now has KODI. Any chance of being able to add custome color change to the Transition images. So we can make it Black/more transparent or even Pink to suit the background images we have chosen etc...Well Done!!!
Sorry I forgot. Havent seen it but would it be possible to have a Kiosk mode. Would be nice once your skin is setup if it can be locked down so when one press side on the remote it doesnt open the view types menu etc. More 'child/spouse' friendly..lol..If its already in your skin soz..I am still exploring and learning how to set it up...Thanks again...P.S..Your Showcase View Type is awesome.....
Lastly this skin seems to be Xperience1080 based. If Kiosk mode is enabled. We would need a Quick Navigation feature we call up in Xperience and Bello skins with M. That will still allow us to access power/settings menu without having to press left on home screen. Hope this makes sense..lol..
Yes, the Transition image with XBMC on it (the "store" icon) will also be replaced. As for the transition animation backgrounds- their color is based on the accent color chosen. If you want a pink, just select a pink color.

Regarding Kiosk mode- it is coming, just not in this release. most likely it will be in Beta7 and i will include stuff like the quick navigation feature.

And this skin was actually custom coded from the ground up (used Foundation as a base, way back in the Frodo days). The appearance was originally based on a now defunct WIP skin called Lightbox. Until recently with the release of 1080XF I really hadn't paid much attention to that skin. For some reason the home screen layout just never appealed to me.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

(2015-01-21, 22:09)ZexisStryfe Wrote: Yes, the Transition image with XBMC on it (the "store" icon) will also be replaced. As for the transition animation backgrounds- their color is based on the accent color chosen. If you want a pink, just select a pink color.

Regarding Kiosk mode- it is coming, just not in this release. most likely it will be in Beta7 and i will include stuff like the quick navigation feature.

And this skin was actually custom coded from the ground up (used Foundation as a base, way back in the Frodo days). The appearance was originally based on a now defunct WIP skin called Lightbox. Until recently with the release of 1080XF I really hadn't paid much attention to that skin. For some reason the home screen layout just never appealed to me.

Thanks..Just my thoughts...The skin is really evolving nicely and cant wait to see where you take it...
Hi

I just installed version 0.6b on Helix.

I wanted to set all the menu backgrounds to just a solid grey background colour, fed up with all the flashy fanart. So I created a .png image at 1920x1080 and filled it in grey colour.

In the Personalize settings for backgrounds, it seems you are unable to change the background for the Search section doesn't seem to work. And there appears to be no option to change the background of the weather area?

Thanks

EDIT:

I've found the default backgrounds in this folder:

C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metroTV-master\extras\backgrounds

If I replace the search image with my grey background in here, then when I select the Search icon in the GUI it now shows my grey background, so this is a work around. Not sure why it doesn't change when using the Personalize -> Background settings.

Likewise with the Weather image I can replace the weather.jpg with my grey background.

Screen shot shows search being selected and new grey background after changing the search.jpg file in that folder.

Not sure what's going on in the top left corner with the logo / word Kodi overlapping.

Hi

If you add a tile on the Music Videos menu for Genres when you click it, it doesn't take you to Music Video genres.

Instead you end up here instead

Also on the music menu I'd like to add a tile for Artists, but its not listed as an option for selection. There is a tile for Albums there already.

Thanks
I've also been testing the 1080XF skin which isn't bad at all, but it has some issues with the Artwork Downloader integration it seems. so I've switched back to testing Metro TV skin instead.

EDIT: I'm glad to see Artwork Downloader seems to work properly in the Metro TV skin! I can manage a title and then select Manual = AD in GUI Mode or Auto = AD in Solo Mode.
There's no Solo mode in the 1080XF skin and GUI mode is crippled somewhat as you can't select all the different types of artwork.

Why are you prompted to login to your TheMovieDB account when pressing i (info) on a movie title?

Anyway's I was directed to a great website here where you can create you own Metro style icons. Might be handy for other Metro TV skin users!

Here are my Video add-on icons I created with it.

Some more questions if I may?

You can see TV Channel logos in the EPG Timeline area.

But there are no logos in the Channel List and Radio List areas?

I'm not keen on the blue play symbol on the movie covers when they are highlighted can it be turned off?

I seem to have loads of Music genre icons missing and they just show a ?

I've found this folder: C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metroTV-master\extras\genres

It looks like genre icons for Movies / TV and Music are all in this location. I've tested adding a new genre icon and it does then appear, so that's good. I now need to find some new suitable music genre icons from somewhere.

Can each genre have its own background image as well? Or best still to keep things simple can I change the clapper board image with my new default solid grey background image?

Keep up the great work!
(2015-01-28, 17:16)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I just installed version 0.6b on Helix.

I wanted to set all the menu backgrounds to just a solid grey background colour, fed up with all the flashy fanart. So I created a .png image at 1920x1080 and filled it in grey colour.

In the Personalize settings for backgrounds, it seems you are unable to change the background for the Search section doesn't seem to work. And there appears to be no option to change the background of the weather area?

Thanks

EDIT:

I've found the default backgrounds in this folder:

C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metroTV-master\extras\backgrounds

If I replace the search image with my grey background in here, then when I select the Search icon in the GUI it now shows my grey background, so this is a work around. Not sure why it doesn't change when using the Personalize -> Background settings.

Likewise with the Weather image I can replace the weather.jpg with my grey background.

Screen shot shows search being selected and new grey background after changing the search.jpg file in that folder.

Not sure what's going on in the top left corner with the logo / word Kodi overlapping.

(2015-01-28, 18:02)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

If you add a tile on the Music Videos menu for Genres when you click it, it doesn't take you to Music Video genres.

Instead you end up here instead

Also on the music menu I'd like to add a tile for Artists, but its not listed as an option for selection. There is a tile for Albums there already.

Thanks

(2015-01-28, 18:30)cw-kid Wrote: I've also been testing the 1080XF skin which isn't bad at all, but it has some issues with the Artwork Downloader integration it seems. so I've switched back to testing Metro TV skin instead.

EDIT: I'm glad to see Artwork Downloader seems to work properly in the Metro TV skin! I can manage a title and then select Manual = AD in GUI Mode or Auto = AD in Solo Mode.
There's no Solo mode in the 1080XF skin and GUI mode is crippled somewhat as you can't select all the different types of artwork.

Why are you prompted to login to your TheMovieDB account when pressing i (info) on a movie title?

Anyway's I was directed to a great website here where you can create you own Metro style icons. Might be handy for other Metro TV skin users!

Here are my Video add-on icons I created with it.

(2015-01-28, 19:19)cw-kid Wrote: Some more questions if I may?

You can see TV Channel logos in the EPG Timeline area.

But there are no logos in the Channel List and Radio List areas?

I'm not keen on the blue play symbol on the movie covers when they are highlighted can it be turned off?

I seem to have loads of Music genre icons missing and they just show a ?

I've found this folder: C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metroTV-master\extras\genres

It looks like genre icons for Movies / TV and Music are all in this location. I've tested adding a new genre icon and it does then appear, so that's good. I now need to find some new suitable music genre icons from somewhere.

Can each genre have its own background image as well? Or best still to keep things simple can I change the clapper board image with my new default solid grey background image?

Keep up the great work!

Okay, before I dive into this just one thing to note- the Github version of Beta6 is definitely not complete and can likely be the root of many of your issues. I haven't "officially" released Beta6 yet and although people are free to use the Github version, there will definitely be issues. When moving from Beta5 to Beta6 I HIGHLY suggest deleting the old metroTV directory and replacing it with the new download.

1.) Backgrounds- Yes, both backgrounds and genres have been moved into the extras folder. This is to support changing and adding of additional icons/fanart. Regarding changing the search background, I will look into this. Weather backgrounds are dynamic based on the forecast. I can add the option to disable this however.

2.) Regarding the overlapping Kodi in the corner. That is likely due to the fact that I am still working on the skin. I don't have that happen in my skin so it is possible that the change hasn't been pushed to GitHub yet.

3.) Music Video Genres- I will fix this.

4.) Currently I believe adding Artists, Albums and Songs tiles is only allowed in Tile 1. This will likely be changed in Beta7.

5.) The prompt for a MovieDB account- This is the extendedinfo script that replaces the DialogVideoInfo window. You can disable the extendedinfo VideoInfo window in the settings or if you just escape out of it it should not prompt you any further.

6.) Thanks for the site. This site actually just uses most of the Icons from SyncFusion's MetroStudio.

7.) Currently Channel Logos only appear in the EPG timeline.

8.) Music genre icons- There are just too many of these to include. As you noticed, if you add icons to the extras/genres/ it will pick them up and use them.

9.) I currently do not support genre backgrounds. It is something I can add to my list for Beta7 though. If you want to replace the clapboard, just set the movies default background to your gray background (or replace the file in the extras/backgrounds folder).
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

ZexisStryfe many thanks that all sounds good!

I did enter my TheMovieDB login details, I see you have loads of additional information being displayed in the movie info area, never seen anything like that before, but most of it looked good. There were keywords right at the end I selected one and then a whole new looking Gui appeared with all sorts of info and items down the left hand side, need to look at this more closely see what it's all for etc!

The skins shaping up to be great a few rough edges but very promising, I also liked 1080xf skin but the Artwork Downloader integration lets it down and I rely on that for getting all the Artwork, even if the skin doesn't support all types I like to know I have them for each title on the file server. Plus you can't add top level custom menus in 1080xf which ain't good.

I'm bored of Aeon MQ need something more modern metro looking and less busy artwork wise!
I really like your default genre icons in the panel view. I have a few missing for Movies / TV / Music genres. is there a way we can generate new ones? Where did the icons come from originally?

Thanks

EDIT: I found this icon website here which was good. I've created all the missing genre icons now.

Here's the music genres, look better now!

And these were the missing TV Show Genre icons

And I changed some of the Movie genre icons to different ones I preferred

Problem?

I created a new custom tile on the Pictures menu. I selected a Favourite which points to my pictures folder. I then used one of your existing icon images from this folder:

C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metroTV-master\media\tiles

However as you can see in the screen shot it makes the icon bigger in size when compared to all the other tile icons

Thanks
Previously I asked a question:

So is there only one custom menu available?

And your reply was:

You can have as many custom tiles as you like.

Can I please clarify, on each menu you can only have 5 tiles.

And it appears I can only have one custom main menu?

I called mine NetTV

I'd like another main menu item called "My Home" and on the tiles I plan to add my security cameras (XBMC Cam Overlay add-on) and my home automation add-on.

But I can't see a way to create another main menu item now?

There is a "Games" main menu item which I disabled, but it seems you can't use that for anything else other than "Advanced Launcher" and "Rom Collection Browser".

Also it might be nice to be able to re-order the position of the main menu items, e.g. if you want the Games menu to be the last menu in the list or something.

Cheers
Any update!!! Looking forward to your next release!!!Big Grin
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] metroTV23