XBMC Remote + [Windows 8 Metro app]
I know the app is free but where can I donate ?
(2012-08-29, 21:37)Camlann Wrote: That might be a silly Question but how do I set this up?
I've installed XBMC on one Machine and if i try to connect from another Machine it says no Connection to the Server.
Do i have to install anything else appart from xbmc to connect?

You may want to refer to this video
Setup tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLFZkZhJJNo
(2012-08-30, 04:25)reksveks Wrote: I know the app is free but where can I donate ?

You can upgrade to ad free version from with-in the app for $2.99.
Thanks for your support.
Thanks hello_man, that helps Smile
(2012-08-29, 16:56)MartijnKooi Wrote: Yes. Only applications from the Microsoft Store (Metro apps) will work on Windows 8 RT

Thanks Martijn, good news!
(2012-08-27, 21:54)hello_man Wrote: BTW - for all the people who are having connection issue, I did identify the problem. Due to a bug in connection handle, currently the app only uses 8080 port when connecting and any user changes for port are ignored.
I have submitted an update that should fix this but in the meantime, you can try using port 8080 and this should work.

Updated and still not working. Tried default port 8080 or my custom 81.

I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Hmm..can you verify that you have the latest update?. Also what error do you get?
I can't connect to xbmc either. I always get "connection failed".
I reinstalled the app to make sure I have the updated version.
I have xbmc remote on my windows phone and everything works fine with the same settings.
I found that the app was missing the capability to connect in internal network. Submitted an update to fix it.
The new update is available. I am wondering if anybody got the chance to try it yet.
Please let me know if there are any issues.
Installed it, and it's ..kind of working. I didn't expect it to work at all since I'm using latest Frodo nightlies. Big Grin

The remote controller is working. I can't browse my library (tv or movies), and it is only partially working is recently added tv shows (I can see episode name and description, but no images).

But this isn't probably something that you wanted to hear, since you have tested this with Eden. There are some changes with JSON-RPC in Frodo.

One thing though. Why is it necessary to put something in username / password fields when configuring connection to XBMC? I'm not using any XBMC authentikation in my home network. I have set up user/pass when testing this app but it breaks configuration in my other programs.

I really think that you should target/test this app with Frodo. If history repeats itself, Frodo will be out before end of this year and W8 won't be "officially" out to consumers until end of October.

But this looks really cool and "metroish". I will be looking really close this app and it's development. Cool
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
(2012-09-07, 04:40)paavor Wrote: Installed it, and it's ..kind of working. I didn't expect it to work at all since I'm using latest Frodo nightlies. Big Grin

The remote controller is working. I can't browse my library (tv or movies), and it is only partially working is recently added tv shows (I can see episode name and description, but no images).

But this isn't probably something that you wanted to hear, since you have tested this with Eden. There are some changes with JSON-RPC in Frodo.

One thing though. Why is it necessary to put something in username / password fields when configuring connection to XBMC? I'm not using any XBMC authentikation in my home network. I have set up user/pass when testing this app but it breaks configuration in my other programs.

I really think that you should target/test this app with Frodo. If history repeats itself, Frodo will be out before end of this year and W8 won't be "officially" out to consumers until end of October.

But this looks really cool and "metroish". I will be looking really close this app and it's development. Cool

Awesome, thanks for trying.
That's a good point., I will look into differences in JSON-RPC in frodo and will try to support it before offical release.
Updated today.... still not able to connect.

Eden version here.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
I installed the update and now I am able to connect, too.
I am facing the same issues as paavor though. I am using frodo, too.
Apart from that the app looks very good and I will try again, if you decide to support frodo in the future.
(2012-09-07, 17:52)tinybutstrong Wrote: Updated today.... still not able to connect.

Eden version here.

Are ayou able to connect thru XBMC web ui from any browser?
For all the people who are seeing the app crash after connection, can you describe me your movie/music collection size?
Also, I am assuming it crashes after you select a movies from the start page, is this correct?

I recently realized that the windows 8 grouped grid view doesn't support large dataset and would crash. Sad. I have updated the design and submitted for certification but wanted to confirm that its indeed what you guys are hitting.

thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote + [Windows 8 Metro app]2