• 5(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
(2012-09-03, 23:16)Dilligaf Wrote: The tuning frequency of DSC is 71.9, in the guide xml file it refers to it as "25 DSC" I think it would be channel 25 if tuning it on a cable box, but tuning it on a clear QAM tuner such as the HDHomerun it is 71.9 (channel 71 subchannel 9). What needs to be done is when a scan finds a blank channel such as 71.9 in hdhrscan_results.txt it needs to be displayed in the output as the frequency (71.9) and allow the user to select a channel from xmltv_full.xml to associate it with. There is no way to automate this as it is relying on the user to identify what the blank channel is. When the user is presented with a tuning frequency he can manually tune it in HDHomerun_config(GUI) and identify what channel it is, then select the appropriate guide data.

When you select the channel source when running MC2XML you should choose the correct one (one not for a cable box). Otherwise, you can manually adjust the XMLTV_full.xml file to the correct channel number before refreshing the channel data under the advanced menu to merge the XMLTV data in with the channel list in the GUI by channel number.

Give it a few tests in your environment and let me know how it all goes.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

When the scan comes up with a blank it is saying that something is there but it doesn't know what as it's not broadcasting its ID, what I'm asking is the ability to manually identify the channel rather than to just hide it. I'm scanning with 0.2 now, I'll see what it does.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
i didnt change the scan process but added a manual channel add option under advanced tools.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

It works for me as I have searched and found these rogue channels, for the normal user the problem is they will never know they exist. Showing that something is there and letting the user investigate rather than just hiding it is the way to go. Anyways thank you for all your time and effort. As for selecting the right listings in mc2xml there are 2 choices offered Comcast Cable (CAB) or Comcast Cable (DIGITAL) (CAB) the first just pulls down a subset of the second, the channel numbers do not change between the two. Interestingly the first does not contain all the channels that can be viewed over the raw cable without a box. Thanks again for your effort and if you're in the US have a safe and happy holiday.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Gotcha and that makes sense. I guess I don't see what criteria could be used to keep from hiding away the channels you're interested in. Can you identify what in the hdhr scan output files could be used?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

If you look at the scan files I linked earlier the scan either shows (encrypted), shows the station ID as broadcast, or just leaves the field blank. Obviously the ones that have an ID are shown, the encrypted should be ignored, the blank ones should be displayed for user investigation. If you could parse available channels in the xmltv.xml file and provide them in a dropdown or whatever then once the user identifies the channel he would be able to assign it a channel listing. Here is a sample showing all 3 on on one channel. Subchannels 2 through 8 should be ignored, subchannel 9 is already displayed, subchannels 1 and 10 should be shown for investigation and if possible linking to guide data. I have found that some of these blanks don't have anything, some have relatively useless channels such as telemarketing and some have valuable channels such as ESPN, DSC, TNT, AMC

SCANNING: 651000000 (us-irc:100, us-cable:100)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=75 snq=78 seq=100)
TSID: 0x0AA6
PROGRAM 1: 0
PROGRAM 2: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 3: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 4: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 5: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 6: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 7: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 8: 0 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 9: 18.3 WDWO
PROGRAM 10: 0

Here is the link to the complete scan file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30655053/hdhrscan_results.txt

The above example is channel 100 and subchannels as listed after "PROGRAM"
Just noticed that if a matching guide listing isn't found for an ID'd channel then it is also ignored, if no matching listing is found then there should be the option to manually link the channel or create a .strm without linking it to a guide channel.
Ah I see what you mean now. My scan results are different on Fios actually. I can watch the encrypted channels because I use a cable card. So I didnt have any filtering of channels based on that being present or not. I can capture it's presence as a boolean then allow the user to select or not select based on it being true or false.

I'll try something out and get a new version up for you to try out. Give me a bit.

As reference, here is what a scan from Fios looks like on a Prime.

SCANNING: 135000000 (us-irc:16, us-cable:16)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=88 snq=100 seq=100)
TSID: 0x2811
PROGRAM 660: 550 USA HD (encrypted)
PROGRAM 661: 685 Bravo H (encrypted)
SCANNING: 129000000 (us-irc:15, us-cable:15)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=88 snq=100 seq=100)
TSID: 0x27F8
PROGRAM 329: 1685 Cine La (encrypted)
PROGRAM 499: 1682 Viendo (encrypted)
PROGRAM 521: 85 BTN (encrypted)
PROGRAM 522: 1009 Fox Soc
PROGRAM 523: 281 Sino TV (encrypted)
PROGRAM 524: 1756 GMA Pin (encrypted)
PROGRAM 539: 1768 TV Glob (encrypted)
PROGRAM 588: 96 SportsN (encrypted)
PROGRAM 593: 330 BTN 1 (encrypted)

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

New version available as v0.3

Download it here: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.3.zip

This version has the ability to right click on a channel in the list and modify it as you see fit.

Corrections have been made to the pattern matching for channel discovery as well. It will not detect any channels that have a zero for the virtual channel number or are encrypted but with a recorded boolean indicating the fact that it is encrypted. From those changes, you now have two new options in the settings to ignore any zero number virtual channels or any encrypted channels.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

works great angrycamel.. im not really a fan of the tv guide addon (too limited).. your programs works perfectly though.. if only we could get strm support in the pvr build.. Wink
(2012-09-04, 03:20)gman3042 Wrote: works great angrycamel.. im not really a fan of the tv guide addon (too limited).. your programs works perfectly though.. if only we could get strm support in the pvr build.. Wink

Yep, I would love to see that or add XMLTV + strm support for channel configuration in PseudoTV. I have actually started to look into it today but ended up playing around with this code mostly. Would you prefer to see PseudoTV or PVR strm + XMLTV support? I want it all in one place.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

all in one place works the best.. i kind of like the pvr support for xbmc.. its still raw but i hate switching out to wmc all the time.

the only pvr add-in that works is the ceton tv.. the slingbox function of it works perfectly.. but i get a lot of lag when i try to use it as PVR.. strms as PVR would be perfect
Ya that would be good. I've even thought about a backend for the PVR that integrates local content like PseudoTV as custom channels. That would be another way through the PVR addon to get the functionality similar to PseudoTV with live tv support through strm's too.

I have had trouble getting CetonTV to work with my HDHR. I posted about it this morning actually. If you have any ideas, please let me know! I would really like to get that working!

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

I'm a mod for Raspbmc forum and PVR support was just added so I would like to see a PVR add in. I just got back from dinner with the wife (it's her birthday) an am in the process of scanning with V0.3 It sounds like you've nailed it. Thank you again for all the work, it kind of turned in to an all day project Smile I'll let you know how it goes once I play with it some.

Mike
Sounds good Mike. I just got home from a week at the beach with the wife and kids so I was looking forward to some coding today to relax on the holiday before returning to work tomorrow, so thanks for the help!

Let me know how it works for you.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0