• 9(current)
Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
If you have a Prime then you don't have to mess with the STRM files. Check out the beta firmware, which now enables a UPnP/DLNA server that XBMC can see very well: http://my.hdhomerun.com/beta

Once the firmware is installed on the Prime you can browse live TV by adding a UPnP video source.
UPNP shows up for me but no channels. STRM files work fine. Might have something to do with me using xbmcbuntu?
Awesome. Now where can I find, or where can I share, user generated .strm files? I M specifically looking for ATSC OTA streams from the Washington DC/Northern Virginia area. Please contact me.
Added the ability to discover HDHR Live DMS devices on the network in the settings so you can choose the one to use when building channel UPnP streams for configuring TVGuide.

HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.9.zip
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

Hello,
I'm having issues when I try to scan for channels , ( win 7 32bit ) . It shows the channels scanning and starts from high to low and when it gets to "scanning channel code : 2" I get an error message " Access denied" output below . I also noticed when the channels are scanning it doesn't output them right in the above window with the stream link, is it because it has to wait to finish which in may case it never does ? However , when I scan for broadcast channels it outputs right away whatever it finds in the top channel window . I also run the stream builder as Administrator.
Any help is much appreciated.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.BuildFullXMLTVFile() in F:\Personal\~Projects\HDHomeRun Stream Builder\GitHub\HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder\HDHomerun Stream Builder\Main.cs:line 168
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.ScanChannels() in F:\Personal\~Projects\HDHomeRun Stream Builder\GitHub\HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder\HDHomerun Stream Builder\Main.cs:line 386
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.scanChannelsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Personal\~Projects\HDHomeRun Stream Builder\GitHub\HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder\HDHomerun Stream Builder\Main.cs:line 661
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HDHomerun Stream Builder
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/marcin%20borzym/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.9/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Vlc.DotNet.Core
Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
Win32 Version: 2011.11.29.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/marcin%20borzym/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.9/Vlc.DotNet.Core.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/marcin%20borzym/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.9/Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/marcin%20borzym/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.9/Vlc.DotNet.Forms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/marcin%20borzym/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.9/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Never mind , I got it to work . I did not know it so much depended on the mc2xml . once the path was fixed it scanned everything . thanks
can i use hd homerun with dish network and get the strms for xbmc/ptvl sorry i dont have dish network or hd homerun but if this is possible i will get them lol. thank you
(2013-10-29, 02:34)scilz Wrote: can i use hd homerun with dish network and get the strms for xbmc/ptvl sorry i dont have dish network or hd homerun but if this is possible i will get them lol. thank you

http://www.silicondust.com/products/models/hdhr3-cc/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I am trying to make strm files for a network HDHomerun HDHR3-CC device (20130708beta1 firmware). I am using HDHomerun Stream Builder v 0.7 on a windows 7 64 bit machine with the following files in the same directory as the executable:
mc2xml.dat
mc2xml.exe
xmltv.xml
sources.db (from xbmc 12.2 Tv Guide add-on)

The paths in the settings for the executable have been set accordingly.
As at least three other posts in this forum scanning generates the exceptionally useless error message below. Unlike the other posts no amount of tinkering with the settings has worked out for me, and at no point there seems to a solution for this error explained. So what is the resolution?

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.ScanChannels()
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.scanChannelsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2012 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
HDHomerun Stream Builder
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2003 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Vlc.DotNet.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Vlc.DotNet.Core.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Vlc.DotNet.Forms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2022 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.2026 (RTMLDR.030319-2000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.468 (RTMLDR.030319-4600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I was wondering if this app is still under development? I am receiving incorrect results when performing a channel scan on a HD-Homerun Prime.

Edit
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Having issues just trying to install this. When I run the .exe it comes up with error "vlc DL files not found I'm either location" it's looking in the programs files.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
Anthony, you have to make sure you fill in all the fields as shown in the first post otherwise the app will fail.
(2014-01-21, 11:38)cambysese Wrote: I am trying to make strm files for a network HDHomerun HDHR3-CC device (20130708beta1 firmware). I am using HDHomerun Stream Builder v 0.7 on a windows 7 64 bit machine with the following files in the same directory as the executable:
mc2xml.dat
mc2xml.exe
xmltv.xml

As at least three other posts in this forum scanning generates the exceptionally useless error message below. Unlike the other posts no amount of tinkering with the settings has worked out for me, and at no point there seems to a solution for this error explained. So what is the resolution?

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at HDHomerun_Stream_Builder.Main.scanChannelsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
HDHomerun Stream Builder
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System
Vlc.DotNet.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Vlc.DotNet.Core.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops.DLL
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Vlc.DotNet.Forms.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/ktavabi/Downloads/HDHomerun%20Stream%20Builder%20-%20v0.7/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Xml
System.Core
System.Data
System.Xml.Linq

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I am getting this same error message also when I click tools-scan Channels

(2014-01-21, 11:38)cambysese Wrote: I am trying to make strm files for a network HDHomerun HDHR3-CC device (20130708beta1 firmware). I am using HDHomerun Stream Builder v 0.7 on a windows 7 64 bit machine with the following files in the same directory as the executable:
mc2xml.dat
mc2xml.exe
xmltv.xml

mscorlib
HDHomerun Stream Builder
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System
Vlc.DotNet.Core
Vlc.DotNet.Core.Interops
Vlc.DotNet.Forms
Newtonsoft.Json
System.Xml
System.Core
System.Data
System.Xml.Linq

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I discovered the fix, if you are using windows 7 64bit, you need to change the directory of the Program Files(x86) to Program Files for hdhomerun_config.exe
So I completed the scan and it says:
Completed ... : 16145535 bytes in 9s, 50 channels, 22658 programs scheduled.
Loading XMLTV channel data
Enhancing channels with XMLTV data
Refreshing channels on the screen
Done!

But then no channels show up in the list.

Any ideas?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0