Win HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)
HDHomerun Stream Builder v0.7

Current Version: 0.7
Last Update: 2012/09/27
Screenshots: Dropbox Screenshots Folder
Latest Binary: HDHomerun Stream Builder - v0.7.zip
Source Code: HDHomeRun_Stream_Builder on GitHub
Setup Instructions: README.md

I wrote this quick utility after a bit of frustration getting my HDHomerun Prime to play in XBMC. The Perl scripts I found would work for some channels but not others and the experience setting it up seemed just too complex, so here ya go. This utility will help in discovering the channels from your HDHR, caching them, then allow you to select your favorites for use in the TV Guide addon or just to create the strm files if you want.

Please let me know if this helps you!

See all screenshots in the Dropbox Screenshots Folder

Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

ok.. i got the strm files to export.. but how do i get tv guide addon to read them? everytime i select a show from the xmltv file, it asks me to select which stream file i want.. seems kind of annoying to have to do it for every channel

great app btw
ok.. i found this.. 9. Choose Tools > Configure Using Favorite Channels
9.a. This will publish each favorite channel to TVGuide and
associate the stream files with each

but when i associate it to the .db file.. it says cannot open up database file... any ideas?
Hmm in the settings you mean? It isn't actually opening the database just storing the path. Post a screenshot if you can.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

those are my settings.. when i run the command.. i get the error at the top for how many times it tries to write for each strm file..

this is what it says in the GUI:

Wrote channel: 1474 - GMHD5 With stream path: C:\Users\Ryan\Documents\Programs\hdhrconfig\strm\1474 - GAME HD 5.strm

for each file..

but then it gets the above error each time... cannot open database file

and it doesnt associate anything in that settings.xml file

and then the program finally errors out: see the pastebin

"unable to open database file"

http://pastebin.com/Nb8RJCJr
If you hit browse, can you find that file through the dialog? (I'm wondering if you have maybe edited the default path and in actuality the file isn't there)

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

yeah... i went and manually found it...
So it's working for ya now?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

no.. im sorry, i meant, that file exists, i navigated to it.. still runninginto that error..
(2012-08-26, 04:25)gman3042 Wrote: no.. im sorry, i meant, that file exists, i navigated to it.. still runninginto that error..

Have you tried running the app as administrator in case it's a permissions issue?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

yep... still sameissue
ok, well send me your db file

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

here you go.. .db file
(2012-08-26, 05:47)gman3042 Wrote: here you go.. .db file

I didnt see a PM from you or anything with the db file and it wasnt on your post so I assume you'll repost later with the file. I am heading out for vacation tomorrow and may or may not check in on my projects while away. If not, I'll be back to answer questions and such in a week.

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

sorry.. forgot to link it.. http://www.4shared.com/get/K7jF8NWK/source.html
I'm in process of testing the app, but just for the basic strim files. I haven't yet successfully completed a channel scan but I'm contributing the problem to the program trying to scan my tuner with a non activated cable card.

I have a 6CC Prime and the program only detects the one 3 tuner card and not the second. That one just so happens to have some activation issues, once I have that resolved I'll report back and maybe mess with the other things later. ]

Really appreciate the app, as haven't had an easy solution for using the Prime with XBMC yet..
"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Stream Builder (strm)0