Streaming to other devices question
Ok so im a total noob on this, i hope someone can really help me, i have been reading all day about this but cant find an exact answer or guide......

So heres my problem:

I have +6TB of media on the internal HDDs of my room PC, more than 100 HD movies, anime, etc etc... So i want to share all of my media with my brother, who recently bought a powerful laptop....

my pc and his laptop are connected to the internet via a wireless router that is on the 2 floor of my house (we both have our rooms on the 1 floor)...... the router is a little old and does not even support wireless N, only ABG.....

I have a ps3 and xbox on my room also, so i tried to use the XBMC UPnP server to test and share my media with these 2 devices, both found XBMC right away, but the ps3 was not even able to play any single video file, i could only saw empty folders, it didnt found any video file... and i had to wait like 1 minute before it could play a single mp3.....

The xbox 360 was able to see all video files, and play some (compatible ones), but they took A LOT to begin, also i couldnt fast foward or anything like that and sometimes it even needed to "load" again in the middle of a video, and all of this, with a simple SD video......

So as you can see this is not an option.... is there anything i can do considering my conditionsHuh is it possible to stream even HD videos instantaneously?? as if it were local??

I have read a lot and everyone says going wired is much more better, but how can i do this? the router is in another floor........ and my computer and my brothers laptop are on different rooms..... how do people normally set up this?? i dont understand... running wires all over the houseHuh i think that is not an option......

I thought that maybe i could buy a new router or switch (wired) and install it here in my room to use it as LAN for sharing media via XBMC, at the same time keeping my wireless router (2 floor) for internet, my pc is connected to the internet via a USB wifi adapter, so im not using the motherboard network card...... is this an option? But then again... i will need to run wires from my room all over to my brothers room... so i think it will be the same.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming to other devices question0