Smart TV / Apple TV / XBMC
Hi all

first post! I am new to XBMC and still trying to get to grips with it - I have a Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV and USB hdd which is connected to my TV through a TV USB port.

Q - is it possible using XBMC to see the videos, photos, music etc. connected to my tv on my hdd. I have tried adding media and browsing through the various options, without any luck, wasn't sure if it could be done or maybe I am not doing something right?

(edit) using Apple TV to run XBMC

Thanks in advance

Kweelo
Can your Samsung TV share files over the network? Find out if it can, and what file sharing protocols it supports.
Thanks Ned for the reply

yes the Samsung tv can share files over a network (Samsung Allshare) but you need to install a third party software by the same name and have that up and running in order to share files from your PC (which is incredible slow!). As to what protocol it uses, not sure but i'll do some searching and see if I can find out. When I run Apple tv and then run XBMC from there, I try looking for the USB hdd connected to my tv through UPnP, Network filesystem etc. but when I browse nothing is seen.

Cheers Kweelo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV / Apple TV / XBMC0