A library Question
A quick few questions about how everyone sets up their movie library.
1. what do you do about multi disc dvd movies? as in main movie disc and bonus disc or special features... the way my library was set up pre xbmc was organized by genre folders. each movie had a folder with the movie name and for 2 disc movies 2 folders in it called disc 1 and disc 2....

this is a problem because disc 1 and disc 2 dont scrape properly obviously.. so far i was manually typing the movie name during scrape and then in xbmc renaming the bonus disc to "movie name(bonus)". there has to be an easier way to cope with the bonus discs right?

2.what do you do about tv show dvd iso files? how on earth do people get these scraped properly? I tried a few suggestions i found about having tv show iso files organized like this... futurama/season 1/S01E09-E14 i tried and tried to use this naming convention in media center master and it simply will not find the correct files. it will not pull up the series at all only the movie releases... despite using the force as tv show scrape option....

I am getting ready to use media center master to scrape a massive library of dvd iso files including many multi disc movies and tv shows so i really need to know what to do about these before i start.. any help will be much appreciated..
Well, I can think of a few ways to cope with multi-disc videos...

My preferred method is outlined here, in this thread. There's a bit of legwork involved, but the end result is pretty usable.

Secondly, you can organize the movie, and all its supporting videos into a movieset. The drawback to this is that a movie can only belong to one set. So, if you have, for instance, Star Wars Episode IV (and all it's bonus features) organized into a set called: Star Wars Episode IV - then it cannot also be in the "Star Wars Collection" movieset.
There is good news on the horizon though. With the release of version 12 (Frodo, and in current nightlies), there is a tagging feature which can help organize things. I've only been reading about it, as the Alpha 3 release i'm currently using does not include this.

If you do choose to stack the videos, then just put all the videos in the same folder and call them moviename (disc 1), moviename (disc 2), and they will all scrape using the first video in the stack.

As far as the tvshow naming, try:
Futurama - S01E09_10_11_12_13_14 or
Futurama.S01E091011121314

either should scrape all the episodes individually, but you'll have to mess around with <epbookmark> (which I've so far been unsuccessful at) tags to actually start the episodes at the proper timestamp.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-28, 06:46)thrak76 Wrote: Well, I can think of a few ways to cope with multi-disc videos...

My preferred method is outlined here, in this thread. There's a bit of legwork involved, but the end result is pretty usable.

Secondly, you can organize the movie, and all its supporting videos into a movieset. The drawback to this is that a movie can only belong to one set. So, if you have, for instance, Star Wars Episode IV (and all it's bonus features) organized into a set called: Star Wars Episode IV - then it cannot also be in the "Star Wars Collection" movieset.
There is good news on the horizon though. With the release of version 12 (Frodo, and in current nightlies), there is a tagging feature which can help organize things. I've only been reading about it, as the Alpha 3 release i'm currently using does not include this.

If you do choose to stack the videos, then just put all the videos in the same folder and call them moviename (disc 1), moviename (disc 2), and they will all scrape using the first video in the stack.

As far as the tvshow naming, try:
Futurama - S01E09_10_11_12_13_14 or
Futurama.S01E091011121314

either should scrape all the episodes individually, but you'll have to mess around with <epbookmark> (which I've so far been unsuccessful at) tags to actually start the episodes at the proper timestamp.
brilliant... Thankyou kindly sir i shall give that a go. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A library Question0