Do we need all the INFO?
I have been using xbmc for the past 2 years, and really love it.

However I was looking at the amount of data that is stored for media. Such as cast, directors etc.

Is there anyway to cut out all the data that is not just tvshows, music and movies?

I really dont need to know who is in a film, and if I did then i would go to imdb and find the info there.
I belive in the scrapeer settings for video library, if you uncheck download actor images, this should help (?): http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Videos
The "amount of data" is negligible. Even with thousands of movies, the data in the nfos amounts to next to nothing. Why are you trying to nitpick over a few kilobytes?
(2012-08-28, 20:43)Vaikin Wrote: The "amount of data" is negligible. Even with thousands of movies, the data in the nfos amounts to next to nothing. Why are you trying to nitpick over a few kilobytes?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Plus, with the actorsdb addon, it's really convenient to be able to view someone's filmography (actors, directors, writers), have it cross-referenced to other titles in your own library, and find something new to watch! It's almost like having IMDB built right in to XBMC. How could this be bad? Smile

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
well no, its all the extras that populate the database, and all the actor pictures.

As too actorsdb, its a personal choice, but I would prefer not to have extras.
just use file mode rather than import things into your library.. that will 'slim' things down quite substantially.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do we need all the INFO?0