Win No audio, have red circle with slash on a speaker in upper right hand corner
Please help, I have not found anything to resolve my issue with my no sound issue.

Everything was working normally up until I had a issue with sound dropping out when I started a you tube video. after I re-started the PC XBMC will show a RED circle with a slash over a speaker icon. Everything I can think of has not resolved the issue. The audio settings have been tried in a several different combinations using direct sound or the WASPI setting, I have re installed XBMC and my audio drivers.

I am using a Lenovo H520s system with HDMI and 5.1 sound.

The HDMI is part of the graphical card which is Intel HD graphics. Windows Media Center works normally on the system. In addition I can also say that the 5.1 pass through sound will work in XBMC as well.

I am at a loss as to how to resolve. Please Help!
Try pressing the "+" sign on your keyboard's number pad. Your PC soundcard may also be muted.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
How did you connect your entertainment system?

If you are trying to bitstreaming HD audio, you can use the instruction in this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Bluray - the red icon is mute in XBMC - pressing the "+" key will raise the volume and unmute it.

It has nothing to do with connections or bitstreaming, nor will the + key do anything for bitstreaming.

Thrak is correct.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thank you! That was the trick.

You would think that I would find out the "+" doing a simple search on the forums or Wiki . . .either that or I just don't know hoe to search any more . . . .

Glad you're all good mate.

For anyone else stumbling across this (or other keyboard command issues / questions):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
How about adding a small muted text under the icon? The icon itself is not enough because this issue seems to come up every now and then.
That's a skinning thing so would be up to skinners to show how they like. But it does seem a pretty common way to inidicate mute...
(2012-08-30, 06:03)bluray Wrote: How did you connect your entertainment system?

If you are trying to bitstreaming HD audio, you can use the instruction in this thread- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

This helped me with my issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio, have red circle with slash on a speaker in upper right hand corner0