help with adding locations
hi tried several add ons none of them will display locations or i ger script error
its as iff its not connecting online
any help please
  • Verify that your location is served by the weather service used by the particular weather add-on (i.e., check their website)
  • I find the default Weather Underground add-on to be the most reliable (not necessarily accurate, but reliable in the sense that it can at least retrieve some weather information)
  • Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, access your weather add-on and, when you get an error, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) and examine it to see what may have caused the error. If you want others to review the log as well, upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xmbclogs.com and post the URL link to the uploaded file here with your reply.
If you have KitKat, it will not let Kodi write to the settings file where your locations are stored. I had to use es file explorer (which has root access) to edit the file myself.
The only thing is, you have to know what your location id is. For instance, in yahoo weather, the location id for selbyville delaware is 2490638. It is a long trip to that settings file Smile
The path is android/org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.yahoo/settings.xml
If you have Kodi on you PC, you can get you location ID number from the settings file there, then edit your android file. Looks like this.
<settings>
<setting id="Location 1" value="Selbyville (US)" />
<setting id="Location 1id" value="2490638" />
<setting id="Location 2" value="Costa Mesa (US)" />
<setting id="Location 2id"value="2385447" />
<setting id="Location 3" value="" />
<setting id="Location 3id" value="" /.
</settings>
that is what your file should look like except with your location and id number. as you see, I only set 2 locations...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with adding locations0