Aeon Nox for Raspbmc
Big Grin Will we be seeing something for the RasPi ?
We would LOVE .. NOX LIGHT for RasPi ...
Cmon Phil & BN ... RasPi + Nox Lite = Droooool Nod Tongue
I won't speak for phil & BN, but if you try to make a "lite" version, you're essentially stripping out everything that is good about Nox. All the eye candy has its (performance) costs. There are already several posts with them stating Nox+Raspbmc is not a good mix.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
In its current form we do not recommend Nox for less powerful systems.

But maybe later down the line we will have something for those systems:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1179525
yes BN thats the post that prompted me to officially ask for a Nox Lite to " gather momentum " so to speak.. Yes I know it might be down the line and even with many of the " bells & whistels " gone even then a fast Nox on RasPi would be Most excellent indeed ... Willing to wait !
As it stands I am using current GIT version of Aeon Nox on an "xrreamer Ultra " which is based on Intel® Atom® D525 (dual-core, 1.8 GHz) + 4 GB RAM and its working fine. A few occassional freezes on video addons esp during configuring them ? but once all configured ( did all configuring in confluence then switched & just did the skin adjustments) its working brilliantly.
Of course this is a " Live streaming " use only , so there are no libraries of any kind + nil scripts --- just a few custom home menus with the icon widgets .. and actually thats why I requested another few icon widgets as the more iconised shortcuts there are .. the more I have in WAF & KAF ( wife & Kids Appreciation factor ).
(2012-08-31, 10:19)Big_Noid Wrote: In its current form we do not recommend Nox for less powerful systems.

But maybe later down the line we will have something for those systems:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1179525

I'm considering buying a mini HTPC for the sole purpose of running xbmc + Aeon Nox. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should be getting to make sure I get a smooth experience using Aeon Nox.
I don't want to spend a lot of money and end up with something that will be slow at the end.
A decent PC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-10-22, 19:41)Martijn Wrote: A decent PC

What would you consider a decent PC?
I'm looking at the Zotac ID82. Would this run Aeon Nox smoothly? If not, what would I add (RAM, SSD,...etc.?)
harvey see my post here #5 , if your selected PC is nearer to these specs then it would be sufficient to run Aeon Nox ,
(2012-10-22, 19:47)harvey21 Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 19:41)Martijn Wrote: A decent PC

What would you consider a decent PC?
I'm looking at the Zotac ID82. Would this run Aeon Nox smoothly? If not, what would I add (RAM, SSD,...etc.?)

I run the latest Aeon Nox on an Acer Revo RL3700 just fine (after disabling the next aired addon but that is a fault that also caused crashing on my much more powerful pc),
specs are:-
Intel Atom Dual Core D525B 1.8GHz
2GB RAM
NVIDIA ION 2

its a tad slower opening menus and so forth than my main htpc but not much, enabling dirty regions in the advancedsettings.xml bought cpu usage on general xbmc usage (not skin specific) down from 30-40% to around 10-15% and when watching videos that usage goes down to around 5% when the ion2 gpu takes over.
So from my personal experience that Zotac box you linked to should be just fine for Aeon Nox

Quote:after disabling the next aired addon but that is a fault that also caused crashing on my much more powerful pc

Hi, do you have more information about this ? (links and so on)
My XBMC sometime freezes with Aeon Nox and was looking for the possible reason...

Ps. That's my opinion but i really like Zotac Devices and would recommend it with no doubts
Please support my Blog, XBMC and Linux related :-)
http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com
(2012-10-23, 14:49)guilmxm Wrote:
Quote:after disabling the next aired addon but that is a fault that also caused crashing on my much more powerful pc

Hi, do you have more information about this ? (links and so on)
My XBMC sometime freezes with Aeon Nox and was looking for the possible reason...

Ps. That's my opinion but i really like Zotac Devices and would recommend it with no doubts

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1210688

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox for Raspbmc0