OS X [EDEN FINAL] No thumbnails over AFP, keeps producing errors, don't know how to solve
I had decided today that I'd move my shares and path substitutions for XBMC from SMB to AFP for easier troubleshooting.

Server: Mac Mini mid 2010 Mac OS X 10.7.4 Server. (Using SMBUP for SMB, Apple Supplied AFP Server)
Main Scraper/Main User: iMac early 2008, 10.7.4 client
XBMC Version on scraper: EDEN FINAL.

I took my sources and "transitioned" them from SMB to AFP, and turning the name of the server to the actual ip address. Relatively simple stuff, I used sources.xml.

I re-launched XBMC and proceeded to scrape my "new" sources. It went through successfully, scraping the metadata, but when I had went to check the TV shows, there were no thumbnails.

It complained about not making folders and files at special://Thumbnails so I changed the substitution to special://masterprofile/thumbnails and made entries for Video and music. Still no luck. It still persists on unable to write thumbnails/coverart and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do anymore to fix it. All SMB/AFP shares and MYSQL Databases were/are being accessed with a fully-privledged user account. What can I do?

XBMC.LOG regular showing errors
XBMC Advancedsettings Before Transition
XBMC sources before Transistion
XBMC advancedsettings AFTER transistion
XBMC sources after transistion
XBMC DEBUG log with everything going over AFP, adding everything (hosted at dropbox, the sheer size wouldn't submit to Pastebin)

If you've read through all this data to help me out, which I greatly appreciate, here's a cookie for you.
without reading all this (no cookie needed). If you can read and can't write then the filesystem access rights are most liklely restricting it. Beside that - never change a running system Wink. I don't get why you think switching from smb to afp makes troubleshooting easier for you. Read the afp part in our wiki and rethink your switch after that.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[EDEN FINAL] No thumbnails over AFP, keeps producing errors, don't know how to solve0