[Mini-ITX}] AMD A6-3500 build in Techsolo 2200 case
(2012-08-31, 17:28)Takkiedroid Wrote: CPU, paste and Big shuriken installed. First I placed the memory and just to be sure the Pico PSU.

HAHAHAHAHA

That fan is almost as big as the mobo Laugh

It looks awesome
Cables installed, but still no joy. What could be wrong here?
So maybe the last entry was slightly short and unclear.

I received the cables I needed according to Dougie (see post #6) and installed them. After powering up I see the Big shuriken spinning but I do not get anything on my lcd monitor I am using to install windows 7 on the system. System is connected throug a VGA cable. Have a keyboard in the PS/ 2 slot so according to me everything is installed properly. I can power up the case bij pressing the powerbutton, so I do not think I have done anything wrong there either.
There is no speaker in the case, so I cannot listen to POST beeps
Is there a way I can systematically check what could be wrong without me having to dissasemble the whole case?

I should have tested everything before putting it in but I forgot about that in my enthusiasm.

Am I correct in assuming that I do not see anything on my LCD monitor when the CPU has no power pr should I be able to see the bios messages and after that an error that the CPU is not found or something in that direction.

No one with help?

I do not have a clue. Build an unraid server without to much problems but I have not experienced anything like this.

Any suggestions? Help tips info?
No one that can shed a light on this?
Check your equipment again. I myself have this same problem with my A6-3500 and a Gigabyte board. It wont post with the memory I purchased. In my case they originally said it was due to the memory voltage being 1.35v and the board requiring 1.5v memory.

So check out the compatibility lits for your boards memory.

If it wont boot something is wrong memory, CPU, etc. I would suggest putting on the stock heatsink till you get the system to boot. Re-seed the CPU, try booting with just one stick of memory, take out the CMOS battery and clear CMOS, etc.

I would start contacting who you purchased the equipment through to start talking RMA or return in case you cant get it to work.
Some things I would try:

Check power connections, 20 pin power and 4 pin CPU power,
Make sure the motherboard isn't shorting on the case anywhere, particularly make sure you only have the standoffs that you need and remove all others that may be under the board.
Clear the CMOS by either shorting the pins or better still remove the battery.
Check the memory is seated properly.
Try the supplied power supply rather than the Pico.
Try only one memory stick and try both on their own.
Check the VGA cable is OK.
Check the monitor is OK.
Check that your memory is on the motherboards compatability list.

If you have done all the above and still no display on the monitor then RMA the motherboard.

Hope this helps.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Nice pics.... them internals look familiar... cheers...

Oh.. no screen .... try HDMI or VGA... usually this will fix it.

DavidT99 says it all....
Will check in the next couple of days, thanks, will report back guys. Was slightly affrais you guys would leave me hanging. Again thanks guys.
Yeah, in my case I am having to RMA the motherboard Sad. Hopefully you have better luck!
No, I more or less rma'd the board today. Shop wil check it for me but I doubt they have other conclusion. Did this after trying and checking off al things david mentioned. Will keep you posted. Any other itx boards anyone can recommend? Just in case.
(2012-09-16, 21:59)DavidT99 Wrote: Some things I would try:

Check power connections, 20 pin power and 4 pin CPU power,

Have connected the original PSU, same, result.

Make sure the motherboard isn't shorting on the case anywhere, particularly make sure you only have the standoffs that you need and remove all others that may be under the board.
Clear the CMOS by either shorting the pins or better still remove the battery.
Check the memory is seated properly.
Try the supplied power supply rather than the Pico.
Try only one memory stick and try both on their own.
Check the VGA cable is OK.
Check the monitor is OK.
Check that your memory is on the motherboards compatability list.

If you have done all the above and still no display on the monitor then RMA the motherboard.

Hope this helps.

David

The ASrock board is well liked so no reason not to get another one but Asus and Gigabyte also make good A75 boards.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
For mini-itx for the AMD chipset you have listed there are honestly very few options. I choose the Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 for my build but its getting harder and harder to find that board.

I am not aware of many other FM1 socket Mini-itx boards around. If you go to Micro-ATX there are more, but those wont fit the case you have right now Sad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX}] AMD A6-3500 build in Techsolo 2200 case0