Literally 1 FPS (3DMark w/ Radeon 6570)
Recently bought this video card HIS H657HS2G Radeon HD 6570 2GB 128-bit DDR3 and wanted to run a couple benchmarks while I could still return it. Here are my results from running the 3DMark Xtreme preset test:

Seriously getting only 1 FPS, isn't that like absurdly terrible?

When I tried playing some bluray encodes (~20GB) it could play them smoothing, as far as I could tell.

Is there something wrong with the card? Installed it a couple hours ago, downloaded the most recent driver, then ran the test.

Here is my WEI:

Intel Celeron G540
4GB RAM

Here are the results of the 'Performance' test:

Looks like my results are literally THE worst.

Crazy, running the Intel G640 and was thinking of adding this or the g430. Have you tried any games by any chance?

Interesting view on NewEgg:

Other Thoughts: I wanted a silent board for my mini-ITX case and purchased this to replace a 1GB GT430 with a fan. In order to clear the CPU (2600K) with OEM stock fan on my mb (Asus P8H67-I), I had to hacksaw off about 3/4" of the heatsink on the side opposite where the GPU is mounted. (Temps still seem acceptable). I was expecting it to be much faster than the GT430 on the basis of hwcompare.com ratings. Instead it was much slower. Windows experience for the GT430 was graphics/gaming 6.7/6.7, but the 6570 was only 5.5/6.5. The system is quieter, however.
Windows Experience Index is completely useless.
What about those 3DMark tests? Should I be alarmed at the very poor performance of the card?

I just ran the the Furmark Burn-in benchmark 1920x1080 15 min test, here are the results:

Average: 3 FPS
Temperature reached 76 C in just 15 minutes. I don't have any fans blowing on it, but it is simply sitting on my desk in the open.

Need someone to help me interpret these results since I can't really myself. I do know, however, that 3 FPS is outrageously low.
The 6570 is not a gaming card and will score low. This does not effect the BR playback its a different thing
Oh right. That makes sense. I was looking at it as 1080p or 720p content, which I was baffled by how bad it performed, but it makes sense that that is actually gaming at those resolutions.

So then that answers my 3DMark concerns, even though I did score the worst with my card but it could be that the card is only 1000Mhz and those listed scores were at ~1334Mhz+.

Still, though, I can use the Furmark results to gauge the 'cool-ability' of the card, correct?

I guess what are some temperatures to look for - not only with Furmark?
Everyone overclocks to add score to 3DMark11. And you don't need to worry about temps. They will be fine the 6570 is a great card for an HTPC. But if you just want to check anything under 70c is good
Oh really, then that might explain some of the disparity. Alright cool, because just playing a 1080p movie it averages around 44-46C and I'm sure once I put it in the case it will rise a few degrees, however the case fans will help compensate for the enclosure.

Looks like I'll be sticking with this card. Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Literally 1 FPS (3DMark w/ Radeon 6570)0