Win Local trailers no longer play after Eden update
This problem has been going on for a while for me. I originally updated to Eden on an old P4 running XP that I was using as an HTPC. Prior to that, I had no problems playing my local trailers (they were all in folders with their respective movies, named "movie_name-trailer.ext"). After I updated, XBMC would only attempt to pull from YouTube. thought this was a skin problem at first (since I also changed skins after I updated), but since then I have upgraded to a new homebrew HTPC (running Win 8 RC) and done a fresh install of Eden on it. Since my movie library is all on an external HDD, I just plugged it into the new computer. Still no local trailer recognition. There are no .nfo files in any of my movie folders. Any suggestions?
^I am having the same problem. I have about 35 movies and I stored all of the trailers locally in each respective folder. However, XBMC only recognizes about 25 of those movies's trailers. So some of them are working but there are some where XBMC is not recognizing. My temporary fix was to just have XBMC scrape the missing trailers from off the internet. It works but it's annoying and I have no idea how to fix it.
I am ecstatic to say that I solved the problem! Each parent folder of my movies is named "Avatar (2009)" then the actual movie file inside the parent folder is named "Avatar.bluray.mkv" I originally had my trailer named "Avatar-trailer". As I said before, this naming convention worked for 80% of my movies but would not work for the rest, for an unknown reason. so I renamed my trailer to "Avatar.bluray-trailer" and that seems to do the trick! Anybody having similar problems, I hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local trailers no longer play after Eden update0