N7 Netstream Series - Anyone?
As a former Boxee user I still recieve email from Team Boxee and this morning they announced the following:

"Want a DVR that works with Boxee? A company called Njoy Digital has just announced the N7 Netstream Series, a stand-alone TV tuner that can stream live TV directly to your Boxee Box via their app. When paired with a computer running MPlayer, VLC, NjoyTV player, or Windows Media Center, you’ll be able to DVR TV and then watch those recorded programs on your Boxee Box. Right now there are versions for DVB-T&C (over the air & cable) and another for DVB-S2 (satellite). Even better, Boxee users get a €50 discount using the promo code “Boxee.” Check out the TV2LAN portion of Njoy's website for more information."

On Njoy Digitals homepage the say: "N7 is compatible with Windows , Mac and Linux versions of VLC Mediaplayer , Mplayer, XBMC and Boxee. N7 comes with our Njoy TV player software that enables live tv on your PC, Mac or Linux computer. For users who prefer to use Windows Media Center, we include a full licence of DVBLink for N7 for free."

http://shop.njoydigital.eu/StreamingVideo/N7TCCICRplus

As I'm looking for a solution that let's med use XBMC for watching all media, including Live TV, this might be the way to go?

What do you guys think? If anyone has tryied the N7 together with XBMC please let me know how it works.

Thanks!
I have it, you need pvr branch of XBMC and N7 addon
There is already a Njoy live TV application in the XBMC repository for XBMC master. The PVR add on is available as a first alpha for Mac osX from the github and can be used with the PVR branch of XBMC. Be advised that XBMC can't record since it is only a frontend. But I am sure when times goes by there will be an option available that the XBMC client can record if somebody writes an add to let Mplayer or VLC do the recording on a machine in the network.
Hello everyone,

**** some BS about CS removed ****

Thanks in advance!
no CS talk here... post deleted and Talonn, consider yourself warned ...
Hi there,
i'm using the satellite version of the n7 and it works great with xbmc (windows) as well as openelec and you can serve multiple xbmc boxes with one n7.
The only thing that's currenty missing is epg support..
hi all,

I too am using the N7 netstream box.
Running openelec 2.0 with the njoy live tv plugin. Quality is great, but there are a few functions I can't seem to get to work.

Pause, rewind, fast forward and record.

When I open the OSD while watching live tv, I can navigate to the rewind pause and fastforward buttons and make them work,
only when I press the keys on my remote, this doesn't work...with other media, this isn't a problem. Only with live tv.

since there is no record button displayed on the OSD I can't test that function.

What can I do??

any help is greatly appreciated.
I use the N7 on Frodo b3 and is't running fine. Using a Mac Mini I use also the realy nice Apple remote. I'll use this remote because of the minimum of buttons Smile Volume up and down is ok for this remote but with the up and down button I like to change channels. Who can help me?
(2012-12-11, 14:53)Satwilly Wrote: I use the N7 on Frodo b3 and is't running fine. Using a Mac Mini I use also the realy nice Apple remote. I'll use this remote because of the minimum of buttons Smile Volume up and down is ok for this remote but with the up and down button I like to change channels. Who can help me?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142910

this may be what you are looking for Smile

the n7 on frodo B3, does it pause, rewind, fastforward and have an epgHuh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
N7 Netstream Series - Anyone?0