How to rate (stars) a song while listing to it ?
Hi,

I love this Skin (Xperience More 1.3.1). Clearly the best I found on XBMC. Thank you for the amazing work !

I'm just missing something (or do not know how to easily do it) : I use to create smatplay list using number of stars of songs (1 to 5 stars).
Then I use party mode to shuffle play all the library and plays all titles (and even those I do not listen very often). I was using arrow up/down shortcut in confluence to modify the rating (increase or reduce the number of stars) during the playback of the song. Thus my playlist is automagically updated with the new song I rated...

Well, using arrow up or down does nothing in Xperience, is there something I'v missed in the settings ? Do the ratting use other keyboard shortcut ?

If this feature is not present in the current release, any chance to have it implemented in a future release ? If not where should I start to do a mod for this (I never done any mod before! is it realistic to start learning with this feature or is it complex to implement).

Thanks !
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

I think is easily doable. I will check it out and let you know.

Edit
Ok. Its very simple.
Open MusicVisualisation.xml and add the following code in line 337 and you done. It works just like Confluence.

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
    <
description>Rating image</description>
    <
posx>153r</posx>
    <
posy>125r</posy>
    <
width>140</width>
    <
height>27</height>
    <
aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>
    <
texture>$INFO[Player.StarRating]</texture>
</
control

Thanks for pointing this. It's very useful. I have to remember to include this in the next update.

Cheers
Nessus
It works perfectly thanks a lot !!!
MacMini (end 2014) - Core i7 3Ghz - 16Gb - Intel Iris 1536Mb
macOS 10.12.6
Kodi 17 + Testing Kodi 18b3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to rate (stars) a song while listing to it ?0