[SOLVED] Artist & Album Info over SMB
Hi Guys,

I have a weird problem.

I have a HTPC downstairs and I have all my Music, TV Shows, Music Videos and Photos on that PC. All the Album Info, Artist Info, Fan Art and TV Show Episode Info is on there named correctly in the nfo files and it displays fine so there is no issue on that front.

All of the above is shared

However

I installed XBMC on a laptop and added my music folder and it appeared and I can play music etc. I also was able to scrap all the fan art from my HTPC to the laptop which is fine. However when I click on artist info or album info this is not displayed, so I am not getting any album reviews or Artist Bios....this is all on my HTPC so it does exist.

I went to query all album info and query all artist info and it scans everything and it takes about 20 seconds but then nothing has been scrapped.

If i go into say Miles Davis and click on artist info it comes up with the keyboard screen, this is not what I want it should scrap the artist.nfo from my HTPC the same way it did for the fanart and thumbnails.

I know that this can be done because I have been successful in the past...but it was not as complicated as this. I can remember just adding the music folder from SMB and updating the library and all the fanart would come, then clicking on query all artist info and all the info would be transfered and then query all album info and the same would occur and everything would be fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

UPDATE

HEY YO!

Just thought Id update you guys on how I managed to solve this issue.

I believe it is the version of XBMC. The problems occured when I downloaded the version 11 XBMC and for example added music from SMB from my HTPC it added the music eg 2Pac folder and all his albums, all the fanart and album covers were visible but when I went to query all album info and artist info it wouldnt get the information from the HTPC...instead it would come up with the keypad window to enter a name....anyways I decided to download an older version of XBMC which was version 9.11 and repeated the same process and when I went to query all album info it worked and everything displayed.

So I believe either there is something wrong with the latest version of XBMC that it cannot scrap over SMB or that maybe if you use for example xbmc 9.1 on your HTPC and download a new version of XBMC on your laptop is dosent get the album, artist nfos...

Any idea guys......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Artist & Album Info over SMB0