5.1 music playback problem
When trying to playback a 5.1 music file the time counter runs very fast, once the conuter reaches as it sees it the end of the track the audio stops. This only seems to happen for content recorded in 5.1. Normal stereo albums play fine. Essentially if the track was 4 minutes it would play for just over 2 minutes. Other thing is it shows the stream as 2 channel but does playback correctly through all 5 channels.

I'm using a nightly build from 28-08-12 and I presume this is a bug in the new HD audio which I may add apart from this minor fault is outstanding.
would be happy to look at a Debug Log
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I loaded XBMC played back the song REM - Everybody Hurts with settings on HDMI output and all audio pass through options selected. My amp is a Sony STRHD820 and it can decode all current formats. The same problem occurs with the counter running faster than the song. If I then change the output to analogue the song plays as it shouyld and XBMC reports it as 6 channels. The file is encoded with a DTS 5.1 sound track. This only happens with surround music albums, movies etc playback fine. Strangely if the song is playing under analogue then I switch to HDMI while its playing the amp will pickup the DTS bit stream and the songs plays out as it should but when the next one starts the problem arises again.

Log which doesn't make much sence to me.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7874
Hi Glen - sorry you'll need to re-do that log - debugging wasn't enabled.

Open XBMC, go to Settings>System>Debugging and check the "Enable Debugging" option. Check that you're on HDMI in the audio settings then exit.

Re-open XBMC, wait 10-15sec for all start-up tasks to complete, then try to play that file. Let it run for a bit, then exit and re-post the log,
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7877 hope thats it now
Excellent Glen - all debug info in there now. It appears all the initialization for the output format is correct, but the decoder is picking up the wrong "flavour" of DTS. Afraid there's no setup solution to this - it's a coding bug I'll have to look into.

FYI the 2 channel layout is correct for DTS/AC3 streams - they are sent out on two channels but the encoded stream contains all the info for 5.1 channels once decoded in the receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 music playback problem0