Automatically pause video/music when leaving fullscreen?
Hi.

Could a feature be added to automatically pause videos, and music when leaving full-screen, or visualization, mode? Something as simple as a "Pause playback when leaving full-screen" in the Video, and Audio, settings sections.
I'm trying to picture why I would want to do that instead of just pausing my video/music playback. Can you provide some scenarios of how this proposed feature might be useful? Thanks.
Sometimes random notifications in windows will kick xbmc out of fullscreen (minimized) and I have to scramble to grab the keyboard and alt-tab back in trying not to miss anything
1. Less key presses always lends to a more organic feel.

2. If I'm going to have to back out to the menus to change/view something, it's automatically assumed that I would want to pause the video I'm watching to resume at the point I left off at.

3. Lower powered, or older, platforms could definitely benefit from this as the video can potentially lag behind the audio when playing in background mode, and it also slows down menu navigation. This doesn't happen on my most recent i3 media center, but I don't run XBMC on just one device...
If I'm in the middle of watching a video, what are some of these XBMC functions that I might want to access with the video paused in the background? Change audio or video settings? Check the weather?
(2012-09-04, 22:16)artrafael Wrote: If I'm in the middle of watching a video, what are some of these XBMC functions that I might want to access with the video paused in the background? Change audio or video settings? Check the weather?

One thing comes to my mind: maybe checking cast or some other details about the movie/tv show? (assuming Confluence skin).
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
I am also looking for this feature in XBMC. Many times I want to go back to look for some other Video file or change some settings etc. Even when I want to turn on / off subtitle, I prefer to change those settings with the Video paused. My wife doesn't want to miss some video, when I am changing the Subtitle setting. This was available in Boxee.

Sometime, by mistake if I hit some button on remote, some function pops up on the screen or it goes back to previous screen. But in the background video is still playing. Please tell me how to pause the video automatically, if I leave the video screen.
Sorry to bump up this thread. Is there a way to achieve this feature? This is the only issue I am still having with XBMC. Any help is appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically pause video/music when leaving fullscreen?0