Win External Media Player and PlayerCoreFactory.xml not working
I have spent days reading through all these posts, even googling, to no avail. I've tried every version of PlayerCoreFactory.xml people have posted, still can't get it to work. Here's what is happening. I click on a movie (ISO) and it tries to mount it with Virtual Clone Drive, but then it errors out saying it can't mount drive. If I go to the movie on my external hard drive, right click the ISO file and mount it, it immediately mounts and begins playing with PowerDVD12.

Here is my log file from XBMC: http://pastebin.com/9NeLT6g6

Here is my PlayISO.bat file currently configured and located at: C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /D=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PowerDVD12.exe" H:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /D=0 /u

My playercorefactory.xml file is also located in the same folder as my PlayISO.bat file:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"/fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

My drives are as follows:
C is my internal hard drive
D and E are two external drives
F is an internal DVD RW drive
G is an external BD-RE drive
H is the BD-ROM Drive (Virtual Drive)

I have tried a variety of different media players, finally breaking down and spending $100 on PowerDVD12 Ultra, thinking that would fix the problem. Nope. Anyone got any ideas as to why I can't get Virtual Clone Drive to mount the movie and begin playing it with PowerDVD12?
You can try the PlayISO.bat below-

@echo off

You can opt for this (<args>"{1}"</args>) instead of (<args>"{1}"/fullscreen /close</args>) in playercorefactory for ISO_Player.You can configure PDVD12 to launch in fullscreen instead.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Shoot, I thought I posted a reply, guess it didn't work, so here goes again.
I made the changes as you suggested. Now when I click on a movie the batch window opens, then returns to XBMC with an External Media Player busy error. I've rebooted Windows, still the same. It does load the movie into the Virtual Clone Drive H, so it's almost there, just doesn't start playing the movie in PowerDVD12.

Here's my XBMC log file (new one): http://pastebin.com/6AujsF6z

Here is my new PlayISO.bat file:
@echo off

Here is my new PlayCoreFactory.xml file:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Any other suggestions?
Too bad I don't have PDVD12....I used the above XML and BAT codes with PDVD12 free trial, and it worked fine.....it seems that Cyberlink is making it harder for us to use it with other software.....their PDVD11 was easier!
Ok, so I changed to VSO Media Player, changed in the bat file the pathname which should be the only thing to change. It runs the bat file, mounts the movie to Virtual Clone Drive, opens the VSO Media Player, but goes no further. I had to actually open the file from within the player to get it to play. So it looks like it isn't passing to the media player the file to play. Am I missing something?
I also just tried VLC Media Player, same thing, it mounts the ISO file to Virtual Clone Drive, opens up the media player, but goes no further to actually starting the movie in full screen. I know it's got to be something simple I'm not doing, any ideas?
(2012-09-05, 04:02)Hotelier Wrote: Ok, so I changed to VSO Media Player, changed in the bat file the pathname which should be the only thing to change. It runs the bat file, mounts the movie to Virtual Clone Drive, opens the VSO Media Player, but goes no further. I had to actually open the file from within the player to get it to play. So it looks like it isn't passing to the media player the file to play. Am I missing something?
I don't think that VSO have autoplay option.....you can try PDVD11 or TMT5 instead.....

I don't think going to an earlier version of PowerDVD will help, especially after I just shelled out all that cash for version 12 Ultra. I looked at TMT5 but it doesn't look like it will play ISO files. Really sucks that I can't get this to work. Any other suggestions for a media player for ISO files? I've tried VLC and VSO, also DVDFab.
(2012-09-06, 04:47)Hotelier Wrote: I don't think going to an earlier version of PowerDVD will help, especially after I just shelled out all that cash for version 12 Ultra. I looked at TMT5 but it doesn't look like it will play ISO files. Really sucks that I can't get this to work. Any other suggestions for a media player for ISO files? I've tried VLC and VSO, also DVDFab.
I still don't understand why PDVD12 wouldn't work on your HTPC. The trial version of PDVD12 can playback blu-ray ISO automatically on my HTPC. The only thing I couldn't get PDVD12 to launch automatically is BDMV file. Cyberlink changed the launch routines for BDMV, and it was fine with PDVD11. I have no problem playback blu-ray ISO 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio using TMT 5.0.1.114 version either, and it is the easiest player for XBMC external player.

You can try to download AnyDVD HD (you need to reboot PC after installed it), and give your PDVD12 external codes a try again......

Hotelier, Astonishingly I was having loads of troubles setting the Playercorefactory but when I used the contents of your Playercorefactory and customized it for PDVD12, it works flawlessly.
What I wanted was to play all video files using XBMC but for ISO Images (3D Bluray) and MKV (3D Bluray Ripped) to play them in PowerDVD.
Normal ISO and DVD Folders however play perfectly fine in XBMC Default player and even Normal Bluray ISO play fine in it?

Below is the Playercorefactory that I used:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\mount.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="3D_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\pdvdlaunch.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filenames="m2ts" filetypes="m2ts" player="DVDPlayer"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filenames="mkv" filetypes="mkv" player="3D_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray AVI -->
<rule filenames="avi" filetypes="avi" player="DVDPlayer"/>
<!-- Bluray TS -->
<rule filenames="ts" filetypes="ts" player="DVDPlayer"/>
<!-- MKV 3D -->
<rule filenames="3D" filetypes="3D" player="3D_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Below are the 2 Batch files that I used:
Mount.bat
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\"
dtlite.exe -mount dt, 0, %1
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\"
pdvdlaunchpolicy autoplay g:

pdvdlaunch.bat
CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\"
pdvdlaunchpolicy %1

I use Daemon tools lite for ISO Mounting. What I plan on doing next is to rename the ISO for 3D Bluray to IMG so I only need to mount 3D content and not every ISO file and somehow manage to register Power DVD 12 to play custom file extension like 3DBR so I can manually specify exactly what I want played using PowerDVD and rest plays using XBMC which it does.

Oh and I am on Windows 8 (not customer preview but the MSDN RTM version Build 9200

Nim
(2012-10-20, 20:18)nimmat Wrote: I use Daemon tools lite for ISO Mounting. What I plan on doing next is to rename the ISO for 3D Bluray to IMG so I only need to mount 3D content and not every ISO file and somehow manage to register Power DVD 12 to play custom file extension like 3DBR so I can manually specify exactly what I want played using PowerDVD and rest plays using XBMC which it does.

Oh and I am on Windows 8 (not customer preview but the MSDN RTM version Build 9200

Nim
You can check out my "post #1142" for ISO 3d rules.....

Yep been through that thread Bluray but for some reason the playercorefactory I took from there seemed to push everything (even files not defined in the rules) to PowerDVD which I did not want. Well my problem is now all sorted so was just trying to offer some advice to Hotelier showing what worked for me using his xml file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Media Player and PlayerCoreFactory.xml not working0