randomly rebooting & remote not working
I have a couple of ATV2's running XBMC and in the past couple of days they have both started acting weird.

When I try to play some video files they will both react the same way by rebooting anything from 10 seconds to 2 minutes into the file, but other video files work perfectly on both ATV2's

The remote control signal is received by the ATV (light flashed when button is pressed) but some buttons like "play/pause" will not work to pause a video although it works fine to start playing a video file.

I have tried unplugging them both, changing remotes, rebooting my NAS file server, etc but still the same issues exist. Just weird. Anyone had similar odd issues or have any suggestions?
battery?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I tried new battery in the remote and a different remote altogether to hopefully fix the pause issue, however it still does it, and the light on the ATV2 flashes so it's obviously getting the signal too.

The most annoying part is the whole thing rebooting when playing certain files. It only does it on some files and never on others.

And my subtitle download stopped working months ago for no apparent reason too.

I am a code monkey myself but only website code - I wish I knew more about how these little black magic boxes worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
randomly rebooting & remote not working0