Linux (GIT/nightly) AC3/DTS music playback broken
Playing music that has ac3 or dts tracks (m4a, mka, dts or ac3 files) audio stops after about 2 minutes (track is about 5:50). Then XBMC moves on to the next track and continues with no audio. Stopping and restarting playback produces sound until it stops again - and so on... I tried a number of different tracks and formats.

The debug log below doesn't seem to show anything significant before the track changes though.

Surround playback in movies works flawless. Sound files were played from the local disk.

Has anyone else noticed that behaviour?

Using ubuntu 11.10 with xbmc 2:11.9.5~git201208312003~4f9f8e7-1~ppa1~oneiric
(daily build from nathan-renniewaldock ppa)

--- EDIT: don't paste log snippets on the forum!. Read the Debug Log wiki --
Audio Engine is Beta. Report this to the devs in the audio engine thread in the dev section.
Please try a fresh build - there was a bug introduced in one of my recent feature additions - was fixed the next day.

If you still have issues please report in the appropriate AE thread in the dev section as john.cord mentions.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-09-04, 16:05)DDDamian Wrote: Please try a fresh build - there was a bug introduced in one of my recent feature additions - was fixed the next day.

If you still have issues please report in the appropriate AE thread in the dev section as john.cord mentions.

The forum's here are not easy to see through... since I'm not a developer I was looking for a beta/testing forum and found none. None of the dev's forum's description sound like a place to post issues either. I created a ticket as the problem is still happening with today's build.

Thanks for the comments.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128298

This is the place to talk about AE related issues...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(GIT/nightly) AC3/DTS music playback broken0