• 5(current)
Release XBMC Immersive
Shame about the Apple TV / Pi issues. Nonethless, beautiful skin.

If I may suggest something: when a movie or show plays and the user enters the menu system, consider suspending the between screen animations. It's nice to see the movie or show continue to play in the background while I flip through the menu, but it seems to disjoint the experience when I still go through the screen animations while that movie or show plays.
(2012-11-14, 13:35)Frore Wrote: Shame about the Apple TV / Pi issues. Nonethless, beautiful skin.

If I may suggest something: when a movie or show plays and the user enters the menu system, consider suspending the between screen animations. It's nice to see the movie or show continue to play in the background while I flip through the menu, but it seems to disjoint the experience when I still go through the screen animations while that movie or show plays.

Yeah, hopefully someone's able to track down the issue. I'd hate to see an issue like this cause those users to not be able to use Immersive. Especially since I was planning on ordering a couple Pis (Pies?) to replace the aging HTPC in my son's room and my wife and my bedroom. Once things mature on the RaspBMC side of things, I'm sure issues like this will be remedied.

I'll take your suggestion under advisement. I agree that it can be a bit disjointed when switching screen while a video is playing. I'd prefer to keep the animations intact though. I'll see if I can't figure something out that can satisfy both sides.

I've been busy getting things ready for another preview. I'm shooting for Friday. If it doesn't happen, I may just say screw it and release what I have so far.
I posted about this issue in the raspberry pi forums a few days ago. Let's hope someone is able to fix it (I know I am not)
I opened a new ticket for this on the bugtracker:
trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13558

jmarshall suspects a screwup when loading the textures. are the icons loaded from disk or from the textures file?
Alpha Preview 2 now available!

New version now available from here. I wasn't able to finish everything I wanted to before releasing this preview but because it's been such a long time since the first one, I felt it was best to send it out into the wild.

Too many tweaks to list off. Full addon support is currently for The Big Picture, Global Search, TV Next Aired. Partial addon support for ForumBrowser and Metadata Actors. More to come in the next couple of days as I finish off the lesser used dialogs. Advanced Launcher to come as well. I was going to do Spotimc but it keeps crashing on me. If I can get it to work, I'll definitely add support for that as well.

As always, please let me know of any bugs you might encounter (I'm sure there'll be at least one or two) and I hope you enjoy!
When Frodo (and your skin) becomes stable (or kind of Wink) and I have my internet connection up-and-running, I'd like to contribute by translating your skin to German!
(2012-11-16, 17:59)otcho Wrote: When Frodo (and your skin) becomes stable (or kind of Wink) and I have my internet connection up-and-running, I'd like to contribute by translating your skin to German!

good news, apparently jmarshall has found the issue and put up a pull request on git so the skin should soon be working for us fruit users (apple and raspberry Big Grin ). I also took the liberty to translate the strings.xml to german already, feel free to add your input, otcho Smile

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7VFEO5...DRJUGVSSHM
(2012-11-17, 03:17)Horscht Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 17:59)otcho Wrote: When Frodo (and your skin) becomes stable (or kind of Wink) and I have my internet connection up-and-running, I'd like to contribute by translating your skin to German!

good news, apparently jmarshall has found the issue and put up a pull request on git so the skin should soon be working for us fruit users (apple and raspberry Big Grin ). I also took the liberty to translate the strings.xml to german already, feel free to add your input, otcho Smile

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7VFEO5...DRJUGVSSHM

That's excellent news! I'm really happy everyone will have the opportunity to try out Immersive. Let me know how everything goes on the RPi / ATV once it's working.

Also, thank you for taking the time to translate the skin. There are still a lot a text that is hardcoded and I will be making the necessary changes to make sure all of those label will be translatable once Immersive nears the official release. I will also be looking at the new Transifex service for automated translations as well.

Maybe its just me but the skin downloaded from the link above still appears to be the old version?
(2012-11-17, 10:33)BuhSnarf Wrote: Maybe its just me but the skin downloaded from the link above still appears to be the old version?

Happened to me also, I thought it was because of some addons dependecies.
(2012-11-17, 10:33)BuhSnarf Wrote: Maybe its just me but the skin downloaded from the link above still appears to be the old version?

(2012-11-17, 13:23)Lanznaster Wrote:

Happened to me also, I thought it was because of some addons dependecies.

Strange. Try using this link and let me know if it works properly this time. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3687220/skin.im...-0.0.5.zip

Still looks the same. Just to be sure is the home layout that alternative one or is the old one? And did you manage to get the subtitle button on the osd?

The home screen looks like the old one and there is no button for subtitltes. This is the features i remember you said you were working. I dont use the forum one so cant see there.
I love your skin Sranshaft, but I have one suggestion.

If you have the option to see the ep/movie info instead of play the file, I miss a play button when you enter in it instead of having to slide to left and push play. This is a suggestion to make our life easier Smile
(2012-11-17, 14:19)Lanznaster Wrote: Still looks the same. Just to be sure is the home layout that alternative one or is the old one? And did you manage to get the subtitle button on the osd?

The home screen looks like the old one and there is no button for subtitltes. This is the features i remember you said you were working. I dont use the forum one so cant see there.

No, the alternative home screen isn't included yet. That will come at a later date, I simply ran out of time to include it with this release. The subtitle button still needs to be added as well but will be added in the next update. There are still a lot to add and will probably be one of the last things to be completed unfortunately.

(2012-11-17, 15:15)MaDDoGo Wrote: I love your skin Sranshaft, but I have one suggestion.

If you have the option to see the ep/movie info instead of play the file, I miss a play button when you enter in it instead of having to slide to left and push play. This is a suggestion to make our life easier Smile

I understand wanting to have the play button available right away but it didn't work with the new design. I'm sure someone can mod it though in the future.

When I try to install from zip I get dependencies not met. Running frodo beta 1.

Edit: It's because "script.recentlyadded" And why does it say in addon.xml version="0.0.2" while download link seems to indicate its 0.0.5?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Immersive26