Linux no sound on nvidia 210with eden
hey guys

ive installed the xbmcubuntu and im trying to get my sound working on it Sad i have a nvidia gefore 210, but all i get in the top right hand corner is the red speaker with the cross through it

before doing anything i did a
Code:
root@krayzie-XBMC:~# add-apt-repository ppa:team-iquik/alsa
root@krayzie-XBMC:~# add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/ppa
root@krayzie-XBMC:~# apt-get update
root@krayzie-XBMC:~# apt-get upgrade

here is my aplay -l
Code:
krayzie@krayzie-XBMC:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: STAC92xx Digital [STAC92xx Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

in alsamixer, if i hit F6

i get 2 options
Code:
┌───── Sound Card ──────┐                                                                                          │
│                                                                                          │-  (default)           │                                                                                          │
│                                                                                          │0  HDA Intel           │                                                                                          │
│                                                                                          │1  HDA NVidia          │                                                                                          │
│                                                                                          │   enter device name...│

i choose 1 and get unmute

Code:

│                                                                                                    ┌──┐                                                                                                     │
│                                                                                                    │OO│                                                                                                     │
│                                                                                                    └──┘                                                                                                     │
│                                                                                                 < S/PDIF >                                                                                                  │

in xbmc i have audio output set to HDMI
audio output device to HDS - hdmi 3 (ALSA)
passthrough audio output device to HDS - hdmi 3 (ALSA)

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks Smile

Im no expert and cant exactly remember what I did to get my sound working but I remember this post being helpful

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1668737

may help - may not
Based on your links it appears you are following portions of the Wiki here.

From your output it doesn't appear all of the subdevices are present. You'll want to edit /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf to add the "options snd-hda-intel" line with the appropriate options for your card. Judging by the output you provided, to account for the first sound card, you would likely want to use this
Code:
enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

After rebooting you should see multiple listings in aplay -l. I have an Asus GT-210, and following the wiki for working sound looks like this:
Code:
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

In the past I have had to change the output to "Custom" in XBMC and enter the audio subdevice. For example, "plughw:1,3", or whatever is on the far right column of the wiki for your particular card. Just pay close attention to the first number as its the card itself and using 0 would be for your onboard sound, not the HDMI. However, with the addition to the wiki of the /etc/asound.conf file seems to have remedied that, at least in my case (while being sure to edit to the specific card and subdevice shown in aplay -l).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no sound on nvidia 210with eden0