Video database (library) messed up
Hi forum,

somehow i managed to mess up my XCMC Eden video database. I export the video database to single files and created some movie collections.

XBMC itself shows the videos (as database) fine, but when I launch the web interface, only the movie title is displayed, no thumbnail, no plot, no genre etc.
I recently added the movie “unleashed” and automatically a new movie collection named “Jet Li” was created.

Because I have saved my movie database as individual files, is there a way to delete all entries and to re-import the database?

Thanks for your advice.
If you want to wipe the slate clean for your video database and start again, close XBMC then delete (or rename or move) the file MyVideos60.db from your userdata folder and then launch XBMC again.

A new database will be created and you can re-import from your previously exported files.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

I'm a bit confused as to the words saved as 'individual files', 'export the video database to single files' they have different meanings...

1) You exported as separate files to each individual folder?

2) You exported as a single file and specified the path to the one file?

In the first case you can re-scan the entire library quickly and it will be populated with the metadata included in each folder.
I'm unsure again of what web interface you're referencing, if it's XMWW? A rescrape/refresh of your new add might be in order. If your export as an individual file has path changes, then it's likely that would reflect badly on the importation.
Thank you Ardalistra.

I will try this when i am back home.
PatK, sorry for the confusion i created.

Regarding your posting 1) is the proper answer.

I am using XBMC standard webinterface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video database (library) messed up0