iPad 3 heavy stuttering playing from Win 7 Desktop
Hey guys,

I have installed the latest nightly (2012 August 30th) on my iPad 3 and tried playing videos from my Windows 7 desktop that is connected to the 300Mbps Wireless-N router via wire. The iPad and the router are only 30cm apart and I get 45Mbps when I do an internet speed test on the iPad.

The videos are all located on a partition named D: which contains about 20 DVD-resolution avi files, 20 WMV 1080p files and 3 blu-ray .m2ts files. The D: drive is shared through Windows Sharing and permission has been set to Everyone with all rights on. The one I played for the logging purpose is a DVD resolution avi file. I can successfully see the folder and files and even the thumbnails show up after some time.

However, when I play the video, the "Working..." thing spins for over a minute and when the video does indeed play with sound, it plays for like 1~3 seconds before buffering for another minute or so. When I try to play 720p or even 1080p videos, it takes even longer than this, so I didn't bother trying.

I have included the log file here: http://pastebin.com/RfJqjqTs

Could somebody help me out please?

Thanks in advance Smile
this one is broken as of the logfile_

Open - Error, could not open file smb://JOON-PC/D/Recorded Videos/Test video.mp4

beside that play with the audio sync options on settings->video->playback
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the reply. I tried playing around with all three options under "A/V sync method" and when I set it to Audio Clock, the video played after a minute of waiting, but again, buffering every second or so.

The video itself does't appear to be broken since it plays fine on the desktop.

Any other thoughts?
read the ios faq and disable thumbnail extraction.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I have read the iOS FAQ and tried all the suggestions there with no luck. Disabling thumbnail extraction didn't do much either. It still buffers every 1~2 seconds. Could this be an issue with the PC, router or the iPad?
With your wifi/router/network equipment most likly.
I tried out two different WiFi routers but the problem seems to be the same. The router has no problem streaming 1080p blu-ray videos to my laptop. Any other suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 heavy stuttering playing from Win 7 Desktop0