htpc - isk 110 - i3-3225
True but there is a big difference between a frame drop every 4 minutes and every 9 hours or whatever it was with a nvidia gpu. It helps make purchase decisions
(2012-09-09, 18:35)tutu Wrote: What settings are you using? e.g. sync display to video?

Was playing with the settings today. "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" on. "Vertical blank sync" gets rid of the tearing so will leave that on. "Sync playback to display" didn't really do anything. What ever option I picked I'm still getting judder in everything but the 30 fps video (vertical bars from the post before). I have Sanyo PLV-Z700 which I guess is 60Hz lcd and I guess it will only do 30 fps without judder...

I guess I might as well leave "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" on off and run everything on 60Hz.
Judder is not really noticeable in most movies, and only if I'm looking for it anyway...

Found this:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/judder_2...ing-Judder
Interesting...
(2012-09-10, 01:54)voruxis Wrote:
(2012-09-09, 18:35)tutu Wrote: What settings are you using? e.g. sync display to video?

Was playing with the settings today. "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" on. "Vertical blank sync" gets rid of the tearing so will leave that on. "Sync playback to display" didn't really do anything. What ever option I picked I'm still getting judder in everything but the 30 fps video (vertical bars from the post before). I have Sanyo PLV-Z700 which I guess is 60Hz lcd and I guess it will only do 30 fps without judder...

I guess I might as well leave "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" on off and run everything on 60Hz.
Judder is not really noticeable in most movies, and only if I'm looking for it anyway...

Found this:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/judder_2...ing-Judder
Interesting...
For Intel iGPU, you might want to do as below to avoid stuttering and tearing.......

1. Update Intel latest driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
3. Disable DXVA2 and select Software as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
4. Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I don't use fullscreen window. Don't recommend using it either.

The latest drivers are not always the best.

Do agree with disabling DXVA2.
(2012-09-10, 04:34)assassin Wrote: I don't use fullscreen window. Don't recommend using it either.
Using fullscreen window often result in tearing, but I don't have this problem. Some users have to enable fullscreen window to share display with other apps......

(2012-09-10, 04:34)assassin Wrote: The latest drivers are not always the best.
It is not always the best. If you are having problem with the driver in your HTPC now, it doesn't hurt to give the latest driver a shot. My AMD, Intel and Nvidia run fine with the latest drivers......

Ha! much better, thanks guys! (running software as render method, vaapi - off, Vertical blank sync - let driver decide, Adjust display refresh rate to match video - on)

On another note, once every couple boots I'm getting machine check error right after the bios screen. Per recommendation in
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129838
run memcheck, but no errors. Will look into prime95 next.
Can you let us know your new framerate?
(2012-09-11, 09:30)tutu Wrote: Can you let us know your new framerate?

I was only looking at how fluid the bar animation was at different refresh rates. Will check fps in the evening...
Frame rate still shows 23.98, but that number is rounded to 2 places. Now that I have xbmc set to software render and no acceleration the number moves around sometimes but it always stays rounded to 2 places.

Anyone knows how to change that to 3 places?
(2012-09-04, 18:50)voruxis Wrote: i3-3225 finally came out so I decided to upgrade from my atv2 to a full htpc. Ordered parts yesterday evening from newegg and tigerdirect and should get them in few days. Not sure where in that case I will stick that ir receiver, but figuring it out should be fun. Will run openelec. Decided to try stock fan first.

1 x ($89.99) ASRock B75M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
1 x ($84.99) Antec ISK 110 VESA Black ABS plastic / 0.8 mm SECC Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 90W External Adapter
1 x ($24.99) G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

2 x ($12.99) Patriot PEF8GSBUSB Supersonic Boost XT USB Flash Drive - 8GB, USB 3.0 (P33-3033)
1 x ($144.99) Intel BX80637I33240 Core i3-3225 Processor - Dual Core, 3MB L3 Cache, 3.30GHz, Socket H2 (LGA1155), 55W, 650-1050 MHz, Fan (I69-3225)
1 x ($3.95) StarTech.com ATX12V 4 Pin P4 CPU Power Extension Cable - Power extension cable - 4 pin ATX12V (M) - 4 pin ATX12V (F) - 8 in (YYI1-V09718)

1 x ($31.95) Inteset 4 in 1 Backlit Remote with IR Receiver and Bracket for ASRock CIR Motherboards

I have similar Asrock Mother board (Asrock B75M micro ATX) with Celeron G540 processor. These two boards use same chipset. I have been trying to get HDMI audio working but not successful. I was wondering what setting are working for you.

Here is my Setup: Asrock B75M + Celeron G540 (Onboard video) + Onkyo TX-SR606

Here are sound devices list

root ~ # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
(2012-09-15, 15:57)chinna_n Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 18:50)voruxis Wrote: i3-3225 finally came out so I decided to upgrade from my atv2 to a full htpc. Ordered parts yesterday evening from newegg and tigerdirect and should get them in few days. Not sure where in that case I will stick that ir receiver, but figuring it out should be fun. Will run openelec. Decided to try stock fan first.

1 x ($89.99) ASRock B75M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
1 x ($84.99) Antec ISK 110 VESA Black ABS plastic / 0.8 mm SECC Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 90W External Adapter
1 x ($24.99) G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

2 x ($12.99) Patriot PEF8GSBUSB Supersonic Boost XT USB Flash Drive - 8GB, USB 3.0 (P33-3033)
1 x ($144.99) Intel BX80637I33240 Core i3-3225 Processor - Dual Core, 3MB L3 Cache, 3.30GHz, Socket H2 (LGA1155), 55W, 650-1050 MHz, Fan (I69-3225)
1 x ($3.95) StarTech.com ATX12V 4 Pin P4 CPU Power Extension Cable - Power extension cable - 4 pin ATX12V (M) - 4 pin ATX12V (F) - 8 in (YYI1-V09718)

1 x ($31.95) Inteset 4 in 1 Backlit Remote with IR Receiver and Bracket for ASRock CIR Motherboards

I have similar Asrock Mother board (Asrock B75M micro ATX) with Celeron G540 processor. These two boards use same chipset. I have been trying to get HDMI audio working but not successful. I was wondering what setting are working for you.

Here is my Setup: Asrock B75M + Celeron G540 (Onboard video) + Onkyo TX-SR606

Here are sound devices list

root ~ # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 0/1
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
For Intel iGPU, you need to do as below to bitstream HD audio.......

-Connects your system this way- Intel HTPC HDMI output to Onkyo HDMI input, and then Onkyo HDMI output to HTV HDMI input via two HDMI cables
-Update Intel latest driver from here- Automatically identify and find drivers
-Disable DXVA2 and select Software as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
-Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/vdeo output
-Follow the instructions in the SETUP section of this thread to configure XBMC- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

Sorry, I forgot to mention one crucial information in my setup. I am using XBMCLive (installed) and also tried openelec. I have few windows PCs and XBMC works fine on those(HDMI audio also). This machine I am trying to make like a Set Top Box with quick boot (openelec boots in 7 seconds).

This PC is strictly for Media Room, and I want to be able to boot it quickly and also keep the cost down. We all know what happens when we build Media Room, drained wallets Smile

Anyways, my setup clarification

MotherBoard: Asrock B75M
RAM: 4GB Kingston Hyper X
CPU: Celeron G540
Pico PSU

OS: XBMCbuntu, initially tried openelec (with same results).

Any help would be high appreciated..

I believe I have hw:0,8 manually set as the device for sound through hdmi. I'll double check in the evening.
(2012-09-08, 17:46)voruxis Wrote: Image

Came into this late,..but that case and final build pictures are really nice. Good luck!
The only concern I had was dust and how open that top is with all the perforations.
I suppose dust can be a problem no matter the openings in a case.

Years ago I went to hospitals to work on their equipment.
The cases would be jammed full of cotton fibers and cotton dust particles.
Hospitals were actually the one place where equipment suffered the most.

(2012-09-20, 15:08)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-09-08, 17:46)voruxis Wrote: Image

Came into this late,..but that case and final build pictures are really nice. Good luck!
The only concern I had was dust and how open that top is with all the perforations.
I suppose dust can be a problem no matter the openings in a case.

Years ago I went to hospitals to work on their equipment.
The cases would be jammed full of cotton fibers and cotton dust particles.
Hospitals were actually the one place where equipment suffered the most.
You need this- DemciFlex dust filter.....electronics killer is dust.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htpc - isk 110 - i3-32251