Win How to access all media from Remote PC running XBMC?
What is the best setup for me to be able access all of my movies and TV shows and music from a remote PC with XBMC on it also?

I want to make an HTPC for my folks at their cabin so when I go up all of my movies from home are there also! I know how to stream to my phone through 3G but I need a better way for PC to PC from afar and I want the remote HTPC to sort it all within XBMC obviously.
Anyone help?
You cannot do this with xbmc. Try plex as it has a server and client that you can install on different hardware to access your media content. I use xbmc at home on all my media hardware (atv2, revo, atv1) but use plex when i am traveling on my asus transformer, droidx, ipad, or mac.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Moved...
Set up a vpn with your home network and it'll be like you're directly connected to the network. Speed is another issue altogether
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Seriously? Plex seems to be ahead of XBMC in this then. So odd that XBMC is more feature rich but cannot do remote access.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to access all media from Remote PC running XBMC?0