Wake up from stand by - screen is zoomed in, only a quarter shows
Sad 
I have this issue which is easily dealt with, but I still would like some ideas on how to stop it.

My issue happens when I bring my PC out of standby. The video that shows up is super zoomed in such that I can only see roughly the top left quarter of the screen. Everything else works. I have found that to 'solve' this I hit the slash key, get out of full screen mode and then see a proper windows background and xbmc in a small window on the desktop. When I hit the slash key again to get to full screen, it goes into a properly zoomed full screen. So the 'fix' is just to tap the slash key twice and my screen is fixed.

But why is it doing that in the first place? I dont want to keep taping the key twice... Tongue I want it to work right away after waking. Any ideas on how to do this? I dont know much about the inner workings of XBMC at all, but I guess that maybe it is looking for a screen size before my TV and Receiver have properly awaken? Just a random guess...

(BTW, If I let it go to sleep again without doing the 'fix' it will wake up even more zoomed in. Like the top left sixteenth or so. Everytime I let it sleep then wake it zooms in more... Undecided )
I have this problem sometimes but I don't think it has anything to do with xbmc as it also happens if I resume with windows media center open.
Weird. I never see it unless my computer wakes to XBMC. As soon as I go out of fullscreen everything looks normal. I've updated drivers since, but still the same thing every time.
I had this problem. I solved it by using XBMCLauncher to launch XBMC, along with the "close XBMC on sleep" option - this ensures XBMC has focus from wake.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
This just started happening to me as well. The only change I've made is that I started using the skin "Ace". My guess is that one of the extra's that get installed with the skin is causing it. I tried using XBMCLauncher to close XBMC when my computer sleeps but I think one of my power settings is preventing it from being triggered so I will have to play with that a bit. Any other ideas on what could be causing it/how to fix it?
same here - when resuming from sleep mode I often see this... i found goin to the desktop and then switching back fixes it for me.
Just out of curiosity, which skin are you using?
(2013-12-13, 01:14)joshkay13 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, which skin are you using?

aeon nox
I just noticed StartCodon has an Onkyo receiver in his signature. I also have an Onkyo receiver and noticed that when then screen is zoomed in, if I change the volume, the volume overlay on the screen is sized much differently as well. I'm starting to think this is caused by the receiver.
Same here

Intel NUC i3 + Win 8.1 Pro + XBMC 13.1.... connected via HDMI to Yamaha YSP-4100 and LG 60PV490.
I'll try using XBMClauncher first...
i am also seeing this, with a ubuntu O/S and an onkyo. was the issue confirmed?
You most likely need a eld/edid override, go to the Linux subforum for advice on how to do this.
Sorry to resurrect the 9 months old thread, but search turned this up and I'm having the same issue. I see one option with XBMCLauncher, but I don't want to leave Kodi off since I'm using it to serve DLNA to my other devices on the network. Can the DLNA server run in the background w/o Kodi staying open?
I have the same issue and I am not connected to a receiver of any kind. I also use Windows instead. I use Xbmclauncher to fix it.

@cigar3tte instead of dlna you can check out the emby server to share files with multiple clients. This works great for me and far better than MySQL and dlna.
Same problem here as well, except it happens whenever turn my amp and projector on. I don't usually put the media pc (an intel nuc) to sleep. I'm using a Denon amp. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago and then the problem started. I don't recall changing anything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake up from stand by - screen is zoomed in, only a quarter shows0