• 9(current)
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!
Hi all. I'm trying to install "Metropolis-eden.zip" (2.0.0 - 20121105) in Frodo RC2 (under raspbmc), but I keep getting the message "Dependencies not met".

The following add-ons are definitely installed: service.skin.widgets, script.artwork.downloader, script.tv.show.next.aired. I think script.favourites is installed (I can't see it on the list of add-ons though, and it won't let me add it manually). I assume these are sufficiently recent versions, because I installed Frodo RC2.

In the debug xmbc.log, I can see the following lines:

DEBUG: Addon skin.metropolis requires xbmc.gui version 3.00 which is not available
PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: /home/pi/Metropolis-eden.zip/icon.png Error: (0)
21:00:42 T:3037761536 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/pi/Metropolis-eden.zip/icon.png

Can someone please adivise how I can fix these errors? Many thanks.
You should install it from the Passion repo if you're on Frodo. The official release is technically for Eden.

I'm away from a computer this weekend but I suspect that's the reason.
But FYI, there will be an official release for Frodo too in probably a week or two if you'd prefer to wait.
As of now I need to go into the movie information to see the movie genres
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
(2012-12-29, 04:22)Elizab7eth Wrote: As of now I need to go into the movie information to see the movie genres

Sorry, what?
(2012-12-29, 04:01)jingai Wrote: You should install it from the Passion repo if you're on Frodo. The official release is technically for Eden.

I'm away from a computer this weekend but I suspect that's the reason.
But FYI, there will be an official release for Frodo too in probably a week or two if you'd prefer to wait.

Hi - many thanks for the quick response. The first thing I did was to try and add the Passion repository (repository.passion.xbmc.org-2.0.2.zip) but I got the same error (dependencies not met). So I tried to install Metropolis directly. I can hold off for the official release though.
I think the passion repo is at 3.0. Did you try that?
(2012-12-29, 05:01)jingai Wrote: I think the passion repo is at 3.0. Did you try that?

No, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I originally went to this page (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83632), which links to http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie...n.xbmc.org. I thought those were the official links, and they seem to suggest that v.2.2 is the latest version, so I downloaded that.

But I've now done a quick search for v.3 and noticed that there looks to be a Frodo version on this page: https://code.google.com/p/passion-xbmc/d...ip&can=2&q=

So I'm going to try that later and report back Smile.
The disparity is probably just because he's in the process of transitioning to Frodo (just like we are).

Do give it a go though and let us know if if it works for you.
the correct repo is available here:

http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....org.frodo
Thanks guys! Passion and Metropolis both installed fine now. It's the first time I've used Metropolis and I think it's great.

One problem I am getting is when I go into "Movie information" (via context menu) and attempt to refresh or add artwork, the video signal goes blank. After 5-10 seconds it reboots xbmc. I don't know whether it is a raspmbc/frodo/metropolis issue but it didn't happen before I installed Metropolis.
Hmm. I don't have a Raspberry Pi, but I'll see if I can reproduce it on one of my other boxes. Can't say I've seen it crash though, at least as of the Dec 24 nightly (been out of town since then).
xbian? raspbmc? openelec? I use openelec with a mysql setup on my pi so can't tell if it does it on mine, but you may have a corrupt sd card... I would reinstall
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!2