• 2(current)
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!
(2012-09-10, 14:55)ixnu Wrote:
(2012-09-10, 14:41)jingai Wrote: I'll check the autoscrolling text in the Artist info.

But the version you have is correct. 1.9.X==2.0.0rcX. That is, in this case, 1.9.2 is 2.0.0rc2.

Is this a question?

I must be losing my mind.. could have sworn you had a question about the version in your post. Anyway, ignore that.

But, I just checked here, and the text scrolls fine for both Artist and Album info dialogs. In fact, the code to display that text is this:

Code:
<!-- Artist Description -->
<control type="textbox">
        <posx>-8</posx>
        <posy>138</posy>
        <width>515</width>
        <height>339</height>
        <font>METF_PlotText</font>
        <textcolor>TextNF</textcolor>
        <align>justify</align>
        <label fallback="161">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Artist_Description)]</label>
        <autoscroll time="4000" delay="12000" repeat="8000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
        <visible>!Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
</control>

You can clearly see the <autoscroll> tag there with a delay of 12000ms (12 seconds before it starts scrolling).

Is this broken for anyone else?
(2012-09-10, 15:01)jingai Wrote: [quote='ixnu' pid='1187890' dateline='1347281738']
[quote='jingai' pid='1187876' dateline='1347280864']

You can clearly see the <autoscroll> tag there with a delay of 12000ms (12 seconds before it starts scrolling).

Is this broken for anyone else?

Ahh, OK. Let me make sure that I wait 12 seconds.
(2012-09-10, 04:00)hdmax Wrote: I thought I'd take a look at it before I redo Windows, and the link is for 1.9.2 I was hoping that was just a type o, but when I installed it, sure enough it was the GIT 1.9.2

Ah, you were the one with this question. Yes, 1.9.2 is 2.0.0rc2.
(2012-09-10, 14:55)ixnu Wrote: Ahh, OK. Let me make sure that I wait 12 seconds.

This is not an issue, it is working as expected. I was impatient and had not waited 12 sec - sorry for the error about the error!

If anyone thinks 12 seconds is too long, it can be easily changed; but, we need a reasonable default for the "average" reader.
(2012-09-10, 22:56)jingai Wrote: If anyone thinks 12 seconds is too long, it can be easily changed; but, we need a reasonable default for the "average" reader.

Can you please tell in which particular file these settings can be changed?
I also think that 12 secs is a long wait time.. It should be around 6 secs..
I'm still having problems with sub-menu shortcuts. I have a folder of misc videos named "Singles" which I have added to Favorites. When I add it to TV Shows (as Favorite 1) and then click on it, it just brings up an empty screen with the default NO Image picture!
I am using the latest SVN on Win7 32bit.
Ideas please?
(2012-09-11, 07:37)vishek Wrote:
(2012-09-10, 22:56)jingai Wrote: If anyone thinks 12 seconds is too long, it can be easily changed; but, we need a reasonable default for the "average" reader.

Can you please tell in which particular file these settings can be changed?
I also think that 12 secs is a long wait time.. It should be around 6 secs..

DialogAlbumInfo.xml
DialogFullscreenInfo.xml
DialogSeekBar.xml
Includes.xml
DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml*
DialogPVRRecordingInfo.xml*

* only if you use a PVR build of XBMC.

Basically it's the autoscroll tags in each of those files that currently have a delay of 12000 or 16000ms. You will likely want to change the repeat speed as well.

I've also opened an Issue on github to make this configurable, if possible. It probably won't make it into 2.0.0 though as I'm trying not to add any more features since we're so close to release.

(2012-09-11, 16:44)thewarm Wrote: I'm still having problems with sub-menu shortcuts. I have a folder of misc videos named "Singles" which I have added to Favorites. When I add it to TV Shows (as Favorite 1) and then click on it, it just brings up an empty screen with the default NO Image picture!
I am using the latest SVN on Win7 32bit.
Ideas please?

Are these videos marked as Watched and do you have Watched items hidden?

I've just tested adding a Favourite to TV Shows here and it's working fine, so I suspect that's the problem.

Is anyone else having issues with the custom submenu links?
All files in my Singles folder are marked as unwatched.
I can get to the folder by going to the files menu on the right side of the Home Screen (TV Shows). Or, I can put Favorites on the Home Screen and get to the Singles folder from there. I have also created a folder for my HDHomeRun streams. Same thing... Neither will launch from the TV Shows sub-menu! I have to go to TV Shows-Files or put Favorites on the Home Screen.

Very puzzling!

The same thing happens on both of my systems (running the latest GIT)

I wanted to add that the only time adding a favorite has worked is when using the new TV Guide add-on, added to Favorites and renamed Live TV.

This IS strange.... any ideas please?
I am not able to find option to go directly to files when I click Videos.. It was available earlier in Metropolis..
(2012-09-12, 08:09)vishek Wrote: I am not able to find option to go directly to files when I click Videos.. It was available earlier in Metropolis..

Videos now links to the root node, as it does in Confluence. I can probably add the option to point it directly at Files, however.
(2012-09-12, 14:50)jingai Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 08:09)vishek Wrote: I am not able to find option to go directly to files when I click Videos.. It was available earlier in Metropolis..

Videos now links to the root node, as it does in Confluence. I can probably add the option to point it directly at Files, however.

The option to go to files is good..
(2012-09-12, 04:06)thewarm Wrote: All files in my Singles folder are marked as unwatched.
I can get to the folder by going to the files menu on the right side of the Home Screen (TV Shows). Or, I can put Favorites on the Home Screen and get to the Singles folder from there. I have also created a folder for my HDHomeRun streams. Same thing... Neither will launch from the TV Shows sub-menu! I have to go to TV Shows-Files or put Favorites on the Home Screen.

Very puzzling!

The same thing happens on both of my systems (running the latest GIT)

I wanted to add that the only time adding a favorite has worked is when using the new TV Guide add-on, added to Favorites and renamed Live TV.

This IS strange.... any ideas please?

I'm not really sure.. you do have the Favourites script installed, right (script.favourites in your addons directory on your hard drive)? Get it here if you don't have it. If you manually installed Metropolis it's possible you don't have it because XBMC won't install dependencies unless you install it from a repo or via ZIP file.

Does this only happen when adding Favourites to the TV Shows submenu, or does it also happen with the others (Movies, Videos, etc)?

I just tried this again on another machine running Eden and it's working fine here.

Is anyone else having trouble adding Favourites to the submenus?
(2012-09-12, 15:04)vishek Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 14:50)jingai Wrote: Videos now links to the root node, as it does in Confluence. I can probably add the option to point it directly at Files, however.

The option to go to files is good..

Done and pushed up. You'll see the option in the next RC release.
jingai, I have the favorites script installed. I've tried both install from zip (RC2) and install from the Passion Repo. No luck!

BTW, I learned the hard way light night about auto updates and GITs.... I was watching a show on XBMC around 11PM PST when an update must have been pushed to the Metropolis GIT. It locked up XBMC, after a forced close and restart of XBMC I was in the Confluence skin... No Metropolis GIT in the add-ons folder! So I switched back to the stock skin for the evening and finished my TV shows.

This morning I re-installed the latest GIT... same problem.

I think I'll stick with the stock Metropolis for now (on my main HTPC). Which brings up another question. When the Metropolis 2.0 final is ready, will it overwrite/replace the current skin automatically?

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this project!!!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.0.0 release candidates -- call for testers!2