Win Dolby Digital Plus on Frodo
I noticed Frodo doesn't bitstream DD+ too. It does decode it though if I toggle off 'Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver'.
Were you running under WASAPI?

or Directshow?

Thanks.
Its not just DD+, I have mkv files with DTS HD MA (Star Trek TOS S1) and when I am running on Directshow over HDMI, I get the same exact problem as Dolby Digital +. When I go over WASAPI it doesent happen for the ST files but does for the DD+ files.

Fun Eh?
Ok,

Dont know if this would happen to or work for every body but here is what worked for me.

The two main file types I have had problems with are MKV's created with BDRebuilder that contain DTS HD MA soundtracks (star trek TOS) and mkv based HDDVD Rips, of which both that I have tried had Dolby Digital+ tracks for sound.

When I would have my sound set to work over WASAPI via HDMI it would cause the HDDVD based mkvs to stutter and skip, but the Star Trek mkv files would play properly.
When I had my sound set to work over directshow via HDMI it would cause the Star Trek to stutter exactly the same way, but the HDDVD Rips would play fine.

If I had the "Multichannel LPCM capable reciever" option enabled my reciever plays only the 192KHZ 2.0 Stream that is on the Dolby Digital + track. When I ripped the HDDVD with Clown BD i enabled that 2.0 option, I;m going to rerip it to see if it will play it correctly with the LPCM option.

What ended up working was setting "audio output device" to directsound via HDMI and "passthrough output device" to WASAPI via HDMI. That way the HDDVD Rips play the DD+ track properly and the ST mkvs plat the DTS HD MA tracks properly as well.

More later.
(2012-11-19, 01:42)ttringle Wrote: Ok,

Dont know if this would happen to or work for every body but here is what worked for me.

The two main file types I have had problems with are MKV's created with BDRebuilder that contain DTS HD MA soundtracks (star trek TOS) and mkv based HDDVD Rips, of which both that I have tried had Dolby Digital+ tracks for sound.

When I would have my sound set to work over WASAPI via HDMI it would cause the HDDVD based mkvs to stutter and skip, but the Star Trek mkv files would play properly.
When I had my sound set to work over directshow via HDMI it would cause the Star Trek to stutter exactly the same way, but the HDDVD Rips would play fine.

If I had the "Multichannel LPCM capable reciever" option enabled my reciever plays only the 192KHZ 2.0 Stream that is on the Dolby Digital + track. When I ripped the HDDVD with Clown BD i enabled that 2.0 option, I;m going to rerip it to see if it will play it correctly with the LPCM option.

What ended up working was setting "audio output device" to directsound via HDMI and "passthrough output device" to WASAPI via HDMI. That way the HDDVD Rips play the DD+ track properly and the ST mkvs plat the DTS HD MA tracks properly as well.

More later.

Thanks for the tip. It's a shame that WASAPI can't be used for bitstreaming DD+ with Frodo (new AudioEngine). Eden bitstreams DD+ just fine via WASAPI. Hope the devs remedy this. Hate losing past compatibility with new releases of XBMC Wink

Iit looks like they have fixed this in one of the recent nightlys because now I have to use wasapi to get everything working the way I want, you may have already noticed this as well.
I just tried the latest Win nightly. Still the same issue with DD+ regardless of the wasapi settings. Did you use a specific nightly?
Same problem here. DD+ in an MKV used to work fine in Eden but stutters and jerks in Frodo RC1 with no sounds, or just clicks.

I'm using a Revo 3610i (NVIDIA ION) over HDMI. I've tried both DirectSound and WASAPI, neither works properly. All other codecs seem to work fine.
Same problem here, any use of DD+ causes audio dropouts, video blocking and artifacts, stopping and starting, juddering, and even the video fast forwards and jumps scenes. All fine with DTS-HD, DTS and plain old DD videos in SD or HD. Can this be fixed? This happens even when bitstreaming to my amp via hdmi. System has second generation Core i3 with HD2000 integrated graphics and sound on chip, connected to a Sony amp.
Go into system, system, audio output settings, then uncheck dolby digital (AC3) capable. My DD+ files play, but not ideal. I guess a work around at best.
Count me as another who's having issues with Dolby Digital Plus. Like the others reported, the files I have with DD+ worked fine with Eden, with Frodo the video stutters and no audio. I'd love to see this fixed!

@ chrisc909, I tried your "workaround", the video is smooth and seems normal, but no audio whatsoever.
Same Issue here, I figured it out on my own within a few minutes but was confused as to why it was behaving as such, reading this thread though explains I'm not the only one.
I simply just unchecked Dolby Digital AC3 and play back was fine again. I as well don't have in issue in Eden.
Countless hours trying to find the reason... I even tried updating my avr's firmware to no avail... Now I have found this thread, I too have tested dolby true hd and dts 96/24 without problems. But dd+ causes audio dropouts, video blocking and artifacts, stopping and starting, juddering, and even the video fast forwards and jumps scene.. Same problem like the others, hope this can be resolved before Frodo final... thanks anyway to all the devs for your hard work..

My setup:
Windows 7 64
Radeon 5850
Onkyo 515
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
This problem still exists in Frodo final it seems Sad

Any developers around who can comment?
Having same issue as well with just DD+ (Frodo final).

My setup:
Windows 7 64
Radeon 6990
Onkyo TX-NR 515

I see that Manfeed and I have the same receiver. This receive has had its share of bugs. Could that be the culprit. I don't see any options on it that would be relevant....(novice).

This post was related to DD and HDMI:

gamer3999 Wrote: I just fixed it! On the receiver there is a "fixed PCM" option that was enabled. Turning it off fixed it. I guess it was trying to force everything through PCM or something like that.

I am unaware of that option on my receiver; however, I need to get home and do some more investigating....

Any other ideasHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Digital Plus on Frodo2