Streaming blurays over 40mbps (suggestions) on a network help
Hi all

I have a home server which is plugged into a 1gb switcher that is hard wired using a cat5e cable to another htpc computer using xbmc.

A couple of questions could I stream full blurays over 40mbps rate and hd audio without dropped frames ? As the machine that is playing it is a sandy bridge 3.2 dual core i3 with a ati 6570 gfx card.

Does anyone know what is the most demanding bluray that has over 40mbps to test this and what chapter

Thanks for any help
I think Avatar is around 35mbps for the 2D version and around 40 for the 3D version. Don't think I've come across a disc that exceeds 40.
I have no problem streaming bluray files (in mkv) through my 2 gigabit routers with cat5e cables. Although I haven't reached 40Mbps, i have gone up to 32Mbps with full 7.1 DTS without any frame loss. All in Eden. In Frodo I have
I can transfer a 30gig file in 4min and 30sec at about 107mb a sec so I should be ok ? As a movie hits a 30mbps my network says about 4.5mb a sec so a 40mbps should be about 6mb a sec and if I get a transfer of 107mb to 80mb a sec I suppose I should be ok.

I have a htpc and have the drives in there but wanted to build a server so I can put more drives in there and stream video from there.

Would I need to look out for anything.

Cheers
Gigabit ethernet is capable of up to ~980mbps, so no hi-def media will ever need that much bandwith (at least these days).
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
cheers all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming blurays over 40mbps (suggestions) on a network help 0