My First HTPC (HELP!!- Crazy temps)- Wesena E5+ AMD A8-3820
I think you guys are asking a lot out of 60mm fans. In my experience they don't do a whole lot and certainly aren't going to compensate for a very hot CPU in a tiny case.
(2012-09-06, 17:08)Hail.ceasar Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 16:49)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 07:53)Hail.ceasar Wrote: @bluray: I set the target temp to 50 deg C and level 2 but its almost as if the fan just ignores that and still ramps up. he temperature also still gets to about 55 deg C regardless.
If there is room for 58mm CPU cooler, I highly recommended this "Scythe SCBSK-2100". It'll definitely better for your A8-3820.....the Gelid is rated for 65W CPU, but it is too small for the A8-3820 with 4x cores. It's might be okay for the less than powerful A6-3500 and other lesser CPU's.....

I'm not sure how good are the included case fans. You might want to consider replace it with lower dBA and higher CFM case fans......

Thanks blurray. The case is just 70m high and i think the max cpu cooler it can take is 52mm or something. Are there any better coolers at about 50mm? Also would it be possible to use something like the Scythe Shuriken rev B which is 58mm (with the 25mm thick fan) with the fan off and just the heatsink? that should bring the height down to about 33mm and i can add 2 additional fans to compensate.

The case came with 60mmx60mmx15mm and these seem to be pretty scarce as all i can find are 60mm x 20mm fans..
This "Scythe Kozuti SCKZT-1000 CPU Fan" with 40mm overall height should work then.....as for the case fan, this "Gelid Silent 6 (FN-SX06-38)" should work then......I'm recommending use the case fan closest to the CPU/Mobo as intake, and the further away case fan as exhaust fan.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-06, 18:30)assassin Wrote: I think you guys are asking a lot out of 60mm fans. In my experience they don't do a whole lot and certainly aren't going to compensate for a very hot CPU in a tiny case.
The better design 60mm fan can draw very good amount of air with low dBA.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-09-06, 18:51)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 18:30)assassin Wrote: I think you guys are asking a lot out of 60mm fans. In my experience they don't do a whole lot and certainly aren't going to compensate for a very hot CPU in a tiny case.
The better design 60mm fan can draw very good amount of air with low dBA.....

But not in a cramped mini-ITX case. You have to take the manufacturer's air movement and noise specs with a grain of salt.
(2012-09-06, 18:33)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 17:08)Hail.ceasar Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 16:49)bluray Wrote: If there is room for 58mm CPU cooler, I highly recommended this "Scythe SCBSK-2100". It'll definitely better for your A8-3820.....the Gelid is rated for 65W CPU, but it is too small for the A8-3820 with 4x cores. It's might be okay for the less than powerful A6-3500 and other lesser CPU's.....

I'm not sure how good are the included case fans. You might want to consider replace it with lower dBA and higher CFM case fans......

Thanks blurray. The case is just 70m high and i think the max cpu cooler it can take is 52mm or something. Are there any better coolers at about 50mm? Also would it be possible to use something like the Scythe Shuriken rev B which is 58mm (with the 25mm thick fan) with the fan off and just the heatsink? that should bring the height down to about 33mm and i can add 2 additional fans to compensate.

The case came with 60mmx60mmx15mm and these seem to be pretty scarce as all i can find are 60mm x 20mm fans..
This "Scythe Kozuti SCKZT-1000 CPU Fan" with 40mm overall height should work then.....as for the case fan, this "Gelid Silent 6 (FN-SX06-38)" should work then......I'm recommending use the case fan closest to the CPU/Mobo as intake, and the further away case fan as exhaust fan.....

Thanks a bunch bluray..

I will definitely look at the Kouzuti . But the problem is I am using 2x4GB Gskills Rigjaw ram sticks in my system , and I have a feeling the Kouzuti will block at least one of the ram slots on the A75-mitx mobo, plus the stick alone is almost 40mm tall!!

So my question is, is it worth sacrificing one of the ram slots and just going with one 4GB 1866 MHz ram stick? Would this be enough for lets say watching a bluray and ripping at the same time?

Also, is it possible to remove the heat spreader of the Gskills ram without damaging the ram and the stick remaining 100% functional?

So many considerations to take into account!! Undecided

Hi,

Wesena.co.uk does not have anything to do with Wesena.com. Please see the official statement.:

Important Notice: The only official website for Wesena products & services is wesena.com.
Any other company or website that uses the Wesena name, logo or products, is not associated with and is in no way representative of Wesena, our products or services.
Through our partnership with Streacom, computer chassis are sold under the Streacom brand and should be purchased through official sales channels which can be found on the www.Streacom.com

http://wesena.com/official-wesena-website/

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My First HTPC (HELP!!- Crazy temps)- Wesena E5+ AMD A8-38200