Merge Addons to library
Hey guys

I'm not 100% sure a feature like this exists, but I have not seen it to date, so I am assuming not.

However, my suggestion would be to allow video addons to "merge" into my video library
For example: "Should" something say Netflix work on all versions of xbmc, the list of films it provides are a part of my video library and is updated to suit my needs. I wouldn't nessecarily care where xbmc gets the film from (local storage/cloud/etc) I just know I can watch that film, without going "round the houses" to find it

I believe for user freedom this should be completely opt-in as some addons may not be suitable for say a "movie" library.

My only reason for this suggestion is more for the WAF, the last time she played with the settings, I ended up having to wipe the userdata and try again.
Maybe it's better to lock the settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That would be an alternative, however I feel like, since I would be paying for Netflix, the movies and tv shows they provide would also be part of my library.

As the current library system, is designed to abstract what you have from its data sources and provide a "one view fits all" solution, adding the ability to abstract as far as video add-ons will be of significant benefit to xbmc's core userbase.

Netflix is just one example, this solution could also apply to the PBS/iPlayer as well as several other add-ons that are currently available

EDIT: I also understand that my wording on the library system is very vague and in reality its not that simple, since there are several library types available. My wording specifically applies to the video-based libraries
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98210

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merge Addons to library0