Win Scrape Problem
Hi there , long time lurker first time asker, I have my library setup much how I want it , but in-spite of spending hours playing I cannot get some TV Specials to scrape correctly, in particular the 1 im banging my head against the wall with is the Doctor Who TV-Movie, now i've gone to TVDB named the file and created an .NFO and I think from the logs thats its scraping correctly?? But I cant find it anywhere in the library under XBMC can anyone offer some guidance here, the link to the log is below.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8005
Scraping TV shows can be difficult when it comes to 'specials or on off episodes'. You've chosen the correct path in going to the TVDB (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch) for information on the exact spelling and episode numbering. Specials episodes are usually handled as S00e01 with the S00 designation indicating a 'special' and then the number of the special. Sometimes and in the case of Doctor Who (2005) specials you need to use the date of broadcast to differentiate e.g. "s2005-12-25-Doctor.Who.Christmas Invasion" and even though they'll be found in the season-specials folder, they will be listed in the correct season folder along with the specials folder. On occasion a movie such as Doctor Who the TV movie (1996) will be listed in the IMDB and should be treated as a movie over a TV episode. All these shows should scrape correctly once you have designated the episode, so you don't need to make an .nfo

I suspect your missing episodes are merely miss-named...Simplest solution would be going into file mode, locate the episode or movie, check the information and see what it's path and name. Delete the incorrect .nfo and refresh after you have corrected the naming & episode to match TVdb listing.
It can indeed be difficult I dont believe the episodes are misnamed however as I can scrape them using plex and the tvdb, just not xbmc, as you can guess im trying to move away from Plex, but this is a significant issue
If all else fails you can always go the custom route and make your own .nfo files. That way you can get whatever you want in your library where you want it.
See this thread for TV show templates. Movies are done similarly.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrape Problem0