Bluray Rip: m2ts or mkv?
Hi,

I'll start next week to rip all my bluray collection, and I'd like to know what is the best choice.
I need multi audio and subtitles tracks.

I read a lot of tutorials, and found 2 possibilities:
  • .m2ts : extract needed streams using tsmuxer.
  • .mkv : extract needed streams using makemkv, but need to convert subtitle tracks with bdSup2sub

So are .m2ts supported in DSplayer or DVDPlayer, with subtitle support ?
What is the best solution ?

Thanks Big Grin

Is Handbrake in this equation at all?
I prefer mkv.

If you have anydvd hd, you could just drag and drop the main .m2ts file from the bluray disc into mmg.exe (part of mkvtoolnix) and you don't have to mess with converting subtitles (didn't know you had to do that with makemkv).
I just ripped a bunch of blu rays with makemkv and had no issues with subtitles. Just clicked and started ripping. Then using my xbmc remote app I can turn the subs on and off
PGS subs work fine in mkv, no need to convert.
(2012-09-06, 19:00)live4ever Wrote: PGS subs work fine in mkv, no need to convert.

That was never disputed. He said it wasn't supported in makemkv which we questioned.
Ok,
I testes tonight with StarWars Phantom Menace rips, and PGS are displayed.
Now, I need to support "forced" subtitles.
Let's me explain.
I build my starwars mkv with 2 subtitles: french and french "forced only".
If I disable subtitles in xbmc osd, I want that "forced" captions are displayed.
Using mkvmerge editor, do I have to set "forced" flag to "forced only" track, or to "full french" track? (will display only captions with "forced" tag of the PGS)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray Rip: m2ts or mkv?0