Need Help Displaying HTPC to 2 different displays!
Objective:

I am looking to display my HTPC to 2 different displays simultaneously, where one display is a 3DTV and the Other is a 2D Monitor in another room.

My Current Ideas (Let me know if any of these will work!):

Setup Idea 1

HTPC > HDMI 1 > Receiver (Yamaha R887) > 1080p 3DTV (Sony 65HX929)

> HDMI 2 > Receiver (In Other Room, Still Have to Purchase this Second Receiver) > 1080p 2D Monitor (Acer 27" LED)

* Mirror displays using Windows 7

* Will there be an issues because of the 3D and 2D display? Will this prevent me from using 3D on the TV? I know that when using standard splitters, if one display is not 3D it downgrades the 3D display to 2D

* I am using 2 dvi to hdmi adapters to output hdmi from htpc

Setup Idea 2

HTPC > HDMI 1 > Receiver (Yamaha R887) > HDMI Matrix Powered Splitter * Output 1 * > 3DTV (Sony 65HX929)

* Output 2 * > 2D Monitor (Acer 27" LED)

* Audio is an issue for other room with Monitor, Thinking about using Zones feature in R887 but it can only output analog through Zone 2

* I am using 1 dvi to hdmi adapter to output hdmi from htpc

*Again, Will there be an issues because of the 3D and 2D display? Will this prevent me from using 3D on the TV? I know that when using standard splitters, if one display is not 3D it downgrades the 3D display to 2D, Im thinking the HDMI Matrix Solves this issue?

Ok, please point me in the right direction! Will these setups work or is there an easier way? Please let me know, Thank You!
bump
C'mon, bumping your own thread after 1 hour? Please be patient and give folks a chance to see and read your thread. It's working hours in the US, late evening in Europe and very early morning in Asia.
(2012-09-07, 23:15)artrafael Wrote: C'mon, bumping your own thread after 1 hour? Please be patient and give folks a chance to see and read your thread. It's working hours in the US, late evening in Europe and very early morning in Asia.

Sorry, I was planning on going to get the supplies within the hour, im still not sure what it is I need to get

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help Displaying HTPC to 2 different displays!0