Video playback freezes then starts again
I'm stumped on this issue. When watching a video, streamed from a Windows 7 box on an hard-wired network, it randomly will freeze and start playing about 30 seconds later. I had a first gen xbox with XBMC previously hooked into the network exactly the same as this new HTPC and never had this issue. The new HTPC is fully updated with only XBMC, K-lite codecs, and VLC installed. It seems like the buffer is too low or something is happening with the network connection? My specs:

Server
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
4gb RAM
Intel Quad Q6600 2.4ghz

HTPC
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
4gb RAM
Intel Pentium G620 2.6ghz dual core

The file type doesn't change anything. Sometimes its an XviD, sometimes an ISO, sometimes MP4. The only thing consistent is that its being streamed off my server.

Both are hardwired in to the network and see each other. I'm able to stream videos through the server on VLC on the HTPC just fine without the issue described. Help!!!
Try enabling debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and then watch a video. Wait for it to freeze playback and then resume (note the time at which this happens). Exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) and examine it to see if there's any messages at or around the noted time indicating what the problem may have been.

If this problem only occurs randomly and you don't want the annoying debug info displayed over your video, you can create an advancedsettings.xml file in your userdata (wiki) folder. Enter the following statements into the file and save it:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
Launch XBMC and follow the same steps I outlined above.

If you'd like others to review your debug log (wiki) as well, please upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply.
Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/pEsPivvX

It froze at 09:56, line #479. As it was frozen I hit "stop" on my remote control to close XBMC as fast as I could.
Hopefully someone can figure out this problem!
Since no one seemed to know what to do, I did a little more searching. I updated my network drivers with the latest ones and that fixed the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback freezes then starts again0