HP MCE Remote with Raspbmc
Hello All,

I'm hoping for someone can point me in the right direction and apologies if I've posted this in the wrong location.

I've recently installed Raspbmc on my RaspberryPi and all is working great! I have attached an HP MCE remote I have, and better still 90% of the buttons seem to be working. The remaining 10% I can live without, but with one exception.

I can not find a way to access the context menu using the HP MCE Remote I have. I have tried all the buttons, and investigating modifying the mapping files, but sadly I don't think I have enough information to do this.

I'm hopeful that somebody may have encountered this before and can provide a quick fix, or otherwise perhaps explain how I can change the mapping to use one of the buttons e.g. The Windows button to access the context menu.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Neil
ssh in and run
cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/

then edit the file in userdata/keymaps

Any further questions, take them to the raspbmc forum
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Is the IR receiver for this connected to USB or GPIO. I have one that is connected to usb. The pi seems to recognize the driver but the remote still does not work.
The remote I am using is USB. It's sometimes flakey, and can require a reboot of the Raspberry Pi if it doesn't work, but on the whole it's stable.

I had to make a change in order to be able to access the context menu, for which I changed the red button to do. Otherwise it worked out of the box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP MCE Remote with Raspbmc0